Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he retires that would be crazy with him Brady and Ben in the HOF in the same year
That and no compensation or trade capital for the Packers. Should have traded him last year rofl(

That and no compensation or trade capital for the Packers. Should have traded him last year rofl(
Disagree. Keeping him last year was the right move. There was a golden opportunity for the team to reach and win the SB with him, looking over the rest of the league and considering the strength of the roster, there may not have been a time since the 60's when GB's roster was as good compared to the rest of the league. Not dominant but everyone else was a little less dominant. Opportunities to win it all are few and far between, IMO they would've been nuts to trade him last year.

Disagree. Keeping him last year was the right move. There was a golden opportunity for the team to reach and win the SB with him, looking over the rest of the league and considering the strength of the roster, there may not have been a time since the 60's when GB's roster was as good compared to the rest of the league. Not dominant but everyone else was a little less dominant. Opportunities to win it all are few and far between, IMO they would've been nuts to trade him last year.
Yes/No/Maybe....... Couldn't have traded him last yr because of that damn cap hit. I have heard that BS about the roster strength and one more yr too damn long over the past 5 years...and yet I see no SB trophy. GB Packer fans overvalue their roster and players like no one else.

We just weren't good enough the past 10 years to get it done.... every year in a different way but overall it didn't get done. Period

Yes/No/Maybe....... Couldn't have traded him last yr because of that damn cap hit. I have heard that BS about the roster strength and one more yr too damn long over the past 5 years...and yet I see no SB trophy. GB Packer fans overvalue their roster and players like no one else.

We just weren't good enough the past 10 years to get it done.... every year in a different way but overall it didn't get done. Period
Love wasn't ready last year. We'll see about this year, at lleast he's had some reps.

Yes, it was a risk, and obviously they failed. Goes without saying, success isn't guaranteed and now they need to live with the consequences. Still, the road was there for them and I stand by that. In years past there have been really good, really strong teams blocking GBs way. No such teams this year. GB was capable of beating anyone else in the league this year.... but of course they didn't, and more specifically Rodgers didn't - he left a lot on the table. Looking back I can only judge it through the info they had at the time - a roster as good as anyone else (obviously with holes, like everyone else), a QB under contract, parity throughout the league.

And to be clear, I'm not talking about the path forward, or keeping him around. Just the idea of trying tot trade him last year versus keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back