Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

Ted Thompson's new role with the Packers will be Senior Advisor to Football Operations

DSjJJUTU8AAcEl5.jpg:large

And I would think this all but eliminates Whitt, Perry and Moss from consideration as DC

Who knows, maybe MM does just that to show that he's not going to be dictated to otherwise, that he's the head coach, that this is his guy.

Unless he really is dictated to...

A quote from McGinn's and his folks on this...

I hope Murphy came to this decision on his own. Having the board tell you that he needs to be removed is not a good sign for the President. It means the President isn't really paying attention to the football side of operations.

Who knows, maybe MM does just that to show that he's not going to be dictated to otherwise, that he's the head coach, that this is his guy.

Unless he really is dictated to...

Exactly my thoughts. I can see MM become even more defiant and entrenched in his way of running his football team. He needs to be gone too.

It does bother me a little that Murphy had to be prodded by the BOD to make this move. Couldn't he see something wasn't quite right? This is the guy that's going to hire the next GM? That's scary. C'mon, Mark. Don't muff this punt!
Agreed and that has me concerned as well. Murphy shouldn't have had to be prodded to remove him.

I hope Murphy came to this decision on his own. Having the board tell you that he needs to be removed is not a good sign for the President. It means the President isn't really paying attention to the football side of operations.

I doubt it. The BOD IMO calls all the shots. I think some one the BOD saw TT was having issues was brought up at a meeting and Murphy was the one to tell Ted. I don't think Murphy really has much power within the team. The BOD runs the day to day and has final oversee on matters. Murphy is the figurehead who will go on camera for the team and attend the NFL meetings and cast the team's vote.

I didn't see in the article where the BOD made Murphy make the change. Where did you read that?

Can probably cross Highsmith off the list if giving him permission to talk to others.

The Packers have given high-ranking scout Alonzo Highsmith permission to interview with at least one other team, a source said. He will interview with Browns GM John Dorsey today, as the Green Bay Press-Gazette first reported

I hate to see the Packers lose more good scouts. I think Highsmith has done a great job. It says something about the man when Dorsey wants him. The cupboard has been raided enough over the past few years.

Sounds like if Russ Ball gets the job, Gutekunst and Wolf may leave. I hope Murphy has all his eggs in a row! This is an absolute critical hire!

I'm not going negative on TT, other than saying I am sure he understands the reason of his termination: the drafts have not been successful lately; his non-use of FA; the loss of pro-bowl caliber FAs; and the poor talent level being exposed as a result of the loss of Rodgers. I like and respect the man greatly for the work he did within the Packer organization for our veterans and the appreciation he showed us, and wish him nothing but the best!

Last edited:
Back