Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

Timing...we were in playoffs every year but this one...if we went 11-5 and in playoffs there is serious doubt any changes would have happened..but no playoffs and losing season opened the door for these moves and saving face by BOD

Timing...we were in playoffs every year but this one...if we went 11-5 and in playoffs there is serious doubt any changes would have happened..but no playoffs and losing season opened the door for these moves and saving face by BOD
More than missing the playoffs imho was the fact the rest of the team imploded. Even the def which had no reason to. There was no denying this team with a few exceptions quit.. thats a sign of bad leadership..

What went wrong at the presser? Why was it an embarrassment? I didn't see it. I'm just curious.

Murphy was just awful. He kept repeating TT doesn't like the media and that's why he's not here and also so many times that he and TT have been discussing this move for some time. Just a really poor press conference on an important subject IMO

Murphy was just awful. He kept repeating TT doesn't like the media and that's why he's not here and also so many times that he and TT have been discussing this move for some time. Just a really poor press conference on an important subject IMO
Mm should love the media. Most of the time they treat him with kid gloves. Can you imagine if MM had to deal with NY media??

Mm should love the media. Most of the time they treat him with kid gloves. Can you imagine if MM had to deal with NY media??

The GB press covers the team like they're writing for a college newspaper. Always glowingly positive...except McGinn

Murphy should not speak. Man to start out a presser as important as this and laugh and say, "I guess you all heard about Ted Thompson".
He also repeated things multiple times. You could tell he was covering and was nervous.

Back