Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

Interesting. You would think a guy in that position would be a good public speaker. You can tell he's a bit awkward just everyday. Add this kind of a pressure cooker to it and I guess I can see why he'd be rough at it.

Hey! They can hire me to do the pressers. I'm an experienced public speaker. Of course, it would cost 'em! thumbsup :D

Interesting. You would think a guy in that position would be a good public speaker. You can tell he's a bit awkward just everyday. Add this kind of a pressure cooker to it and I guess I can see why he'd be rough at it.

Hey! They can hire me to do the pressers. I'm an experienced public speaker. Of course, it would cost 'em! thumbsup :D

I'm pretty good as well. Excelled in debate class. I was called a master debater.

I watched most of Murphy's presser. The question regarding the BOD part in TT stepping down did not come up while I was watching. However I did see the part when he was talking about finding a new GM. He made it sound like they are already looking at candidates. He said that things move fast at the end of the season and they know that they have to move fast.

Why he would look outside of the organization...unless he does not think any of them can be GM, is confusing to me. He did answer a reporter's question regarding the BOD of being in on the decision of the new higher and Murphy said that the decision would be up to him.

Regarding MM's 1 yr extension. He said that TT extended him for 1 year during this season. I do think it's telling that it is only for a year...maybe a prove it contract. Not sure.

I agree that Murphy looked uncomfortable and not very prepared for the questions.

All it means is MM gets paid. He still could be let go anytime during the contract by new GM

IIRC this is the chronological order:
- MM gets extended (after ARod gets injured week 6?) nobody talks about it.
- Adams and Linsley get signed
- Capers and Trgovac get released (even though Trg's unit played well)
- TT agrees to step down to another position in the FO.
- Murphy claims the BOD didn't instigate it, it was his own idea.
- Murphy claims he's been talking to TT about it for some time.
- Highsmith leaves for Cleveland (he was one of the top 4 inhouse candidates)
- Murphy is just starting the search for a new GM NOW?

What The Hell Is Going On Here?!?!?
Murphy's press conference should have introduced the new GM.
The new GM should be BGute, he's 44 with a fine track record of service in GB. BUT......
Murphy's comments seem to indicate that Russ Ball is going to get equal consideration even though Ball has very limited experience in talent evaluation. Ball is 58 years old.

So what I'm seeing in my tarot cards is that Ball is going to be hired (because Murphy is a $$$$ guy not a football guy) and the Wiz Kid, Eliot W will be elevated another half step to run Player personnel. Eliot will assume full powers of GM in 7 years when Ball is 65. I believe the Wolf Pup will be 42 then with the untouchable resume.

Hope I'm wrong, because I'd rather BGute!

- Murphy is just starting the search for a new GM NOW?

What The Hell Is Going On Here?!?!?
Murphy's press conference should have introduced the new GM.

Weren't we told last year, or during this past offseason, that there was already a succession plan in place? It was either a lie or something fell apart right at the very end here.

Weren't we told last year, or during this past offseason, that there was already a succession plan in place? It was either a lie or something fell apart right at the very end here.

I wonder if there is fighting among the BOD among who they want as GM and that the guy that Murphy and Ted want might not have the blessing of all the BOD.

Back