Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

Still looking for word on if Murphy was able to interview DeCosta. That's the immediate number 1 candidate from outside if it happens. Still have my fingers crossed that he'll emerge and be the guy. Green Bay might be one of the only places he'd leave Baltimore for as their current heir apparent to Ozzie Newsome.

Still looking for word on if Murphy was able to interview DeCosta. That's the immediate number 1 candidate from outside if it happens. Still have my fingers crossed that he'll emerge and be the guy. Green Bay might be one of the only places he'd leave Baltimore for as their current heir apparent to Ozzie Newsome.

I have not seen anything but word is that he's happy to wait behind Newsome in Baltimore and wait till he retires and take over there. He has turned down other interviews in the past for GM jobs.

It's kind of ass-backwards to hire a GM with a head coach in place. I'd prefer a full refresh, with a leadership structure and philosophy that emanates from the front office through the coaching staff, all working in lockstep.

Then again, we hired Ted and gave him a year to evaluate Sherman before he fired him, IIRC. I can see the same thing happening here with MM, though it feels like another wasted year. If I was a hot DC candidate, I'd stay away from GB until I knew I had some job security.

I think Brian G will be more aggressive in FA then TT was.

Also, Packers GM Brian Gutekunst gets full control over Green Bay's roster, I'm told. Will report to president Mark Murphy. It's his job. Not split up.

Packers had interviewed Doug Whaley to meet Rooney Rule

Back