What really happened in GB

I feel sorry for you if you truly believe this. Ty had a ton of connections in Green bay, He wrote for SI and some other outlets after leaving GB. I think it's hard for you and others to see your "perfect" Packers in a new light. As for it being click bait.... same excuse for ever negative story for 3 years, at some point your going to have to admit there was a problem.
Seriously? I NEVER said there was no problem. The problems have been obvious for any paying attention. 'Perfect' Packers? Seriously? Just because I employ a different perspective and choose to be optimistic about the future? C'mon Mark, whenever someone doesn't share your point of view you pull out the 'Green 'N Gold" glasses comment- that is old. If Dunne really has all these connections why did it take this long for the story? This article's timing is all about click bait.

Jeez, I definitely don't need you feeling sorry for me. I see clearly what is happening, just because I don't see a boogeyman under every rock doesn't mean I don't know the Pack has had an incredibly dysfunctional dynamic for a solid 5 years now and probably longer. I just believe it starts at the top.

He's not going to come out publicly and say..."Why yes it's true I asked a strange women to come up to my office all the time and give me a massage" For anyone and especially the two reporters leading that denial to think he would is beyond stupid. He also said he has "moved on from GB" aka I am not telling any of you s***.

He's moved on yet he gave an interview, or at least I read an article in the past few days, where he commented on how he was fired and how he didn't appreciate how it was handled. He's moved on when it's convenient for him. It's the Pittsburgh Macho.

Last edited:
Seriously? I NEVER said there was no problem. The problems have been obvious for any paying attention. 'Perfect' Packers? Seriously? Just because I employ a different perspective and choose to be optimistic about the future? C'mon Mark, whenever someone doesn't share your point of view you pull out the 'Green 'N Gold" glasses comment- that is old. If Dunne really has all these connections why did it take this long for the story? This article's timing is all about click bait.

Jeez, I definitely don't need you feeling sorry for me. I see clearly what is happening, just because I don't see a boogeyman under every rock doesn't mean I don't know the Pack has had an incredibly dysfunctional dynamic for a solid 5 years now and probably longer. I just believe it starts at the top.
I see your point and respect your opinion but was Dunne really gonna write this and print it with MM being the sitting HC? This stuff usually comes out after a regime change.

It'll be big news for awhile. Especially since GB always tries to project the "we are different" aura. But I think it will fade pretty quickly. In the long run this will help. Get it all out now and then move on.

Big question now though is how does Arod react when ML wants to do something he doesn't agree with ... We know he was willing to undercut a SB winning HC . How bout a brand new HC? Murphy is apparently worried about that too..

I just hope it doesn't become a distraction and that ML can navigate these waters. If MM undermines a Super Bowl winning coach, what'll happen to ML if AR doesn't like the program?

Last edited:
I just hope it doesn't become a distraction ok and that ML can navigate these waters. If MM undermines a Super Bowl winning coach, what'll happen to ML if AR doesn't like the program?

Said it yesterday. Winning helps but if the offense gets off to a slow start Rodgers needs to keep his pie hole shut and lead with the long term "buy in". Personally I am not sure he has the make up to do that, hope I am wrong

Seriously? I NEVER said there was no problem. The problems have been obvious for any paying attention. 'Perfect' Packers? Seriously?
Just because I employ a different perspective and choose to be optimistic about the future?
C'mon Mark, whenever someone doesn't share your point of view you pull out the 'Green 'N Gold" glasses comment- that is old. If Dunne really has all these connections why did it take this long for the story? This article's timing is all about click bait.

I am sorry but where in the post you quoted did he say anything about 'Green 'N Gold" glasses ? And no he doesn't. If you took the time to actually read all the posts here he makes rather then cherry picking you might have not said this >>

Just because I employ a different perspective and choose to be optimistic about the future?

How about this Post by Mark >
2 things:

1. You let your new HC install his culture. You make sure as a FO that EVERYONE knows he's in charge and we are running his system/his way. No exceptions. Very doable but changing that culture takes time and the willingness to cut dead bait if needed.

2. My take: Matt Lafleur will take kill shots. Matt Lefluer will run wrinkles not seen here since Lindy. Matt Lefluer will run the FB to set up play action and neutralize the pass rush. Matt Lefluer will let Rodgers run his 2 minute O his way. Aaron Rodgers will love Matt Lefluer. This won't be an issue. Matt Lefluer will also let MP run the defense his way.

Sounds optimistic to me Dubz ?

Or how about this thread https://wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/matt-lafleur-establishing-his-own-culture.26584/

and or this https://wisconsinsportstalk.net/threads/packers-to-hire-matt-lafleur-as-hc.25436/

I would call all that positive yet you went out of your way trying to portray him as the bad guy because he dared challenge your opinion ?

Yes he has a different perspective then you. I don't fully agree with you or him. Big deal.

My perspective is that a good bit of this is truth with a lot of people adding their own twist to the entire mess. Dunne interviewed 40 people for the story so somethings got twisted along the way. sh))

It's a damn mess. At the end of the day it's over. We have a new Coach. I am looking forward to the ML era and could careless about MM and TT etc. Sue me.

My perspective is that a good bit of this is truth with a lot of people adding their own twist to the entire mess. Dunne interviewed 40 people for the story so somethings got twisted along the way. sh))

It's a damn mess. At the end of the day it's over. We have a new Coach. I am looking forward to the ML era and could careless about MM and TT etc. Sue me.

Agreed. The clean up has started and its time to move forward. Let's hope the slate is wiped clean and that all are driving in the same direction.

So...I'm old, maybe even senile, but I really give zero f****. As a fan, I care most about entertainment, whether they win super bowl or not. So no matter who screwed who, or when, I want to watch a game and be entertained. Many good memories of the Favre years, and Rodgers years, but lately...crickets.

So, I really don't care what happened in the past, I just eagerly wait for the Packers to get their head out of their ass and start dominating again. Isn't that what today's NFL is about??

They were a 6 win team. The coach got fired. Players and Fans are gonna be unhappy. People are going to talk. These kinds of articles get written after the fact of such things.

As packer fans we are spoiled in that most have never had to deal with it before. Welcome to what the rest of the league goes through ever 3-4 years.

Back