What really happened in GB

I'm a little surprised by how many seem to dispute the general facts of the article. Rodgers can be a self absorbed a-hole, and Mac had no answers when the league made adjustments to slow down his scheme. Both of those basic truths have seemed fairly obvious for years.

I'm a little surprised by how many seem to dispute the general facts of the article. Rodgers can be a self absorbed a-hole, and Mac had no answers when the league made adjustments to slow down his scheme. Both of those basic truths have seemed fairly obvious for years.
It's a weird Packer Fan thing I think. We've been saying most of this stuff on this board for years. But the moment someone outside the packer org/fandom like Greg Jennings or any other ex Packer says basically the same thing it's all pitchfork and torches......

i'm not sure anyone is disputing the facts. people are disputing the opinions, conjecture, and the exaggeration. even i - one of rodgers' biggest fans - will admit that he isn't a warm and fuzzy guy. he's cold and impersonal. i'm not sure a-hole is something you can call a "fact". it's a very subjective term and more of an insult than a description. self-absorbed? i might even give you that. he clearly appears to have issues with personal relationships. and don't get me started with mccarthy. everyone knows that he was incapable of making adjustments.

but just because there are some facts in that article, doesn't make it all factual.

In some fans eye's he's like Favre they say he is the team he can do whatever he wants because we are nothing without him. Some fans act like if you are a HOF QB you are allowed to have a ego and do whatever you want

Dunne confirmed he did in a radio interview yesterday. He said it was both current AND former players. Like several have said there are some personal shots and twists in this story but also some truth.
His story only focused on the negative stuff. While interviewing people, if you're only asking about those things, you'll never get any thoughts on the positive things - regardless of how many people you interview. But that's what happens with news, sports, everything these days - the focus is always on the extremes. Again, not saying AR is an angel but I think this article exaggerated things a bit.

Great video, I think peter king summed it up pretty well.

• That the team has floundered for years while failing to even be competitive the past couple years while having Rodgers is absurd and an unbelievable failure.
  • Responsibility for that massive failure rests on all major parties - Murphy, TT, MM and AR
  • You’ll go in circles trying to figure out whose fault it is the most because it’s all tied together
  • Going forward, there is great potential for the ML/AR partnership to do great things, but you can’t ignore the past mistakes and choices AR made that helped sink his tenure with MM

i like peter king. he always has an interesting perspective. i like his way of offering an opinion with the caveat that he doesn't know if the story is completely true or not, but he has no reason to doubt dunne, so he's making his comments based on the assumption that it's true. i mostly agree with what he said, although i might put a higher percentage of the blame on the "front office" because frankly it isn't just ted thompson, it's also mark murphy. i think it's more like 50 - 60% front office.

i like peter king. he always has an interesting perspective. i like his way of offering an opinion with the caveat that he doesn't know if the story is completely true or not, but he has no reason to doubt dunne, so he's making his comments based on the assumption that it's true. i mostly agree with what he said, although i might put a higher percentage of the blame on the "front office" because frankly it isn't just ted thompson, it's also mark murphy. i think it's more like 50 - 60% front office.

I tend to agree with that. After having a couple days to sit back and digest it all, sift through some of the comments, I cn't help but think that even though a lot of it has been discussed on this site, we never really seen much in print or heard much on the airwaves. I think, by seeing it in print, and getting some traction, it came as a bit of a shock to the Packer world because we didn't really know what was going on inside 1265. We assumed we knew. We still assume we know after some of these articles have come to light. The bottom line to me, is this was a complete bungling by the whole organization . None of it sheds a good light on what was happening the past few years. At least the veil has been pulled back and the cleanup can begin. As long as this doesn't fester or divide the locker room, it'll pass fairly quickly.

Back