Wisconsin Fires Paul Chryst

A little annoyed with JL. Sounds like he and his family are still in Madison and JL is mostly working remotely. Likely he just got offered some decent money while being able to stay "home". I'm sure this is just to keep the resume current and padded with additional experience. I doubt this is a long-term spot for him. Likely just a one-year deal. Still, bad look for him and won't make him as well liked among Badger fans as he was before.

I like the fact that he's keeping his foot in the coaching door. He needs to get some seasoning. He's obviously keenly aware of what's happening in Madison, and that's good. The reality is, he wasn't ready to be the HC, and wasn't really part of what Luke was bringing to the table. I understand that.

What Jim is going to do (my opinion only), is spend the next few years developing his overall knowledge of recruiting, and the inner workings of the overall management in a program. Part of it might come from Illinois, more elsewhere. But, when the time comes, he's going to be ready to take on a program like Wisconsin's as the head coach, and incorporate all the good things he's been able to learn from other programs, and Fickell's, from the outside.

One more step with a good possibility of becoming the Badgers HC down the road, in a few years, when he's ready.

There have been many whispers he had something cooking around Madison, however this does come off as a screw you rather than an opportunity to many people. TW as such he may have thrown the opportunity to ever come back here away, Illinois wasn't the best idea to go get experience. My guess he's just keeping the resume warm until the next coaching cycle.But again he used poor judgement doing it this way IMHO.

I know Mark talked about Northwestern but both Jim and PC no longer fit what they need, do agree Mark that a David Shaw would fix that situation for a lot of reasons. So long Jimmy, thanks for the memories.

Back