Wisconsin Fires Paul Chryst

Why would he leave 9 mil still on the table?
Because he gets $11,000,000.00 by February 1, 2023 (see above from Pack) without having to fight about it. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Because he gets $11,000,000.00 by February 1, 2023 (see above from Pack) without having to fight about it. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush
No not exactly. From the article

In short, if Chryst took a Division I coaching job or a job in pro football during the term of the liquidated damages, UW officials could deduct money from the buyout.

No not exactly. From the article

In short, if Chryst took a Division I coaching job or a job in pro football during the term of the liquidated damages, UW officials could deduct money from the buyout.
Please note the small print. The buyout money comes from private funds. So much for the talk about the alumni not forking up to make this happen. That it was all internal.

I thought Ted Kellner spent way too much time denying that their group had anything to do with Chryst being let go. They may not have - directly - but I do think it's people within that group, that saw it as what had to happen to get the program moving forward, and they found the cash "outside of their group," possibly with some of them even contributing, to make it happen. His words, in my opinion, were strictly intended to absolve the cooperative from being involved.

I also wouldn't doubt for a heartbeat that a lot of NIL money that's going to be coming in hinged on a change being made. But, I know some people will disagree, and when it comes to pass, pretend they knew it would happen all along.

Please note the small print. The buyout money comes from private funds. So much for the talk about the alumni not forking up to make this happen. That it was all internal.

I thought Ted Kellner spent way too much time denying that their group had anything to do with Chryst being let go. They may not have - directly - but I do think it's people within that group, that saw it as what had to happen to get the program moving forward, and they found the cash "outside of their group," possibly with some of them even contributing, to make it happen. His words, in my opinion, were strictly intended to absolve the cooperative from being involved.

I also wouldn't doubt for a heartbeat that a lot of NIL money that's going to be coming in hinged on a change being made. But, I know some people will disagree, and when it comes to pass, pretend they knew it would happen all along.
Yep the UW Foundation that also funds other areas such as coaches salaries and non athletic department activities. I would not go as far as saying it’s private money. It was in the checkbook and affiliated with the university. Might be semantics but PC’s base was $400k. Rest from the foundation….so translating that money was going to be paid one way or another it was not getting additional funds

100% more than meets the eye, always is. It's why I call BS on the " they only did it to promote Jimmy L" theory. Doesn't pass the power 5 we can't get our hinders handed to us on TV sniff test at all.

Reactions: TW
Back