2021 Badgers Football Thread

Is UW failing to recurit the kids to best fit the system? This OL has not played this bad in a long time. Did PC fail to see Mertz is not a fit for the offense? How can you refuse to try even to recurit anything to make you even average at WR? The recent dismissals of players is the team being to hard on these kids that they are letting them go?

Is UW failing to recurit the kids to best fit the system? This OL has not played this bad in a long time. Did PC fail to see Mertz is not a fit for the offense? How can you refuse to try even to recurit anything to make you even average at WR? The recent dismissals of players is the team being to hard on these kids that they are letting them go?
Recruiting is a fickle business anymore, OL issue is a Joe R issue plus a half dozen kids just didn't develop. Perfect storm. As for the rest, I know pack and others disagree but it sure smells like a culture issue within the program. Remember old Mark harking about MM and the program going stale ? Ditto here, I am not so sure PC is a guy that can stay 15 years and be "that guy".

I do think UW is overdoing that close-the-borders recruiting to satisfy the WFCA who has always stuck their nose into that program too much. They also lost staff that recruited better out West and in the SE. I know our local recruits are unimpressed with the UW pitch.

Recruiting is a fickle business anymore, OL issue is a Joe R issue plus a half dozen kids just didn't develop. Perfect storm. As for the rest, I know pack and others disagree but it sure smells like a culture issue within the program. Remember old Mark harking about MM and the program going stale ? Ditto here, I am not so sure PC is a guy that can stay 15 years and be "that guy".

I do think UW is overdoing that close-the-borders recruiting to satisfy the WFCA who has always stuck their nose into that program too much. They also lost staff that recruited better out West and in the SE. I know our local recruits are unimpressed with the UW pitch.
Yeah UW needs to get out of WI. WI is not invested in developing HS kids like in the south were HS football is a way of life. If you want to be a top team you have to say sorry to these coaches your kids are not good enough if you want us to go after them learn from programs down south how to start working these kids to be better.

Not going to rehash what we already know. Looking ahead let’s be honest the West is an abomination. This team could go 8-4 or 6-6. Best guess is 7-5. As bad as the offense is the defense keeps them in games.
Iowa is a 2 loss team if Clifford does not get hurt

Minnesota is down it’s top 2 RB and remember it lost to Bowling Green at home

Purdue needed a late Q4 TD to beat Illinois at home

Northwestern got destroyed vs Nebraska

Nebraska lost to Illinois

Rutgers is Rutgers

Yeah UW needs to get out of WI. WI is not invested in developing HS kids like in the south were HS football is a way of life. If you want to be a top team you have to say sorry to these coaches your kids are not good enough if you want us to go after them learn from programs down south how to start working these kids to be better.
Good luck with that. I’ve beaten a dead horse on this but Wisconsin does not have the resources now, did not 20 years ago and won’t in your lifetime to be a national destination. And no it’s beyond academic issues

2 things. The recent dismissals are not an issue. Crawford should not have seen a day on campus and Berger was a bad fit. That happens in all programs. And no they don’t “refuse” to kids. It’s #1 not an exact science #2 limited resources

All I know right now Allen needs to be the feature back. Mellusi is just not a starter. That's why he left Clemson because he was not going to be the starter there.

2 things. The recent dismissals are not an issue. Crawford should not have seen a day on campus and Berger was a bad fit. That happens in all programs. And no they don’t “refuse” to kids. It’s #1 not an exact science #2 limited resources
Well it seems they need to do more due dilegnace then when going after kids. It's not a good look for other kids thinking about coming to UW to see UW dismissing these kids.

I agree some culture issues but the bigger culture issue is the administration and that’s above PC. If you don’t invest in resources your not playing the game. Will a new Chancellor change anything? New AD? Not holding my breath

Well it seems they need to do more due dilegnace then when going after kids. It's not a good look for other kids thinking about coming to UW to see UW dismissing these kids.
2 kids. Let’s not get on a ledge.

Back