2021 Hired and Fired Thread

Three teams have requested HC interviews with Chiefs' OC Eric Bieniemy so far: the Falcons, Lions and Jets, per source. If I am bieniemy none of those jobs interest me.
Atlanta is speaking to him today via Zoom

That Chargers job is the pick of the litter, everything else you have some issues. Interesting to see if Bieniemy or Saleh hold out rather than take a job with a dysfunctional org like the Jets or Lions. Houston should be a good job but missing so much draft capital there.

That Chargers job is the pick of the litter, everything else you have some issues. Interesting to see if Bieniemy or Saleh hold out rather than take a job with a dysfunctional org like the Jets or Lions. Houston should be a good job but missing so much draft capital there.
Atlanta is a bit under the radar. Blank will spend on players and still has Ryan and Jones at least for a year or 2.

Houston roster is just bad. Agree 100% on LA

jags have four picks in the first two rounds of the 2021 draft - including the first pick. they also have extra picks in rounds 4 and 5. at least a new head coach would have a chance to begin shaping the team to their vision.

similarly, the jets have five picks in the first three rounds, including picks #3 and #26 (i think) plus extra picks in rounds 5-7. if bieniemy believed he could salvage darnold, he could really make some headway in shaping that team.

jags have four picks in the first two rounds of the 2021 draft - including the first pick. they also have extra picks in rounds 4 and 5. at least a new head coach would have a chance to begin shaping the team to their vision.

similarly, the jets have five picks in the first three rounds, including picks #3 and #26 (i think) plus extra picks in rounds 5-7. if bieniemy believed he could salvage darnold, he could really make some headway in shaping that team.

Good point about the Jags. The roster isn't bad and if nothing else, Khan is patient and will give his hires a chance to succeed or fail.

The Jets, as you point out, have a lot of picks but I don't trust that ownership. The fish rots from the head as they say, and to me they're like the Lions - not going to turn the corner until you get an ownership change.

Also I have a major concern with Darnold, and that's decision making. I don't know how you train that out of a guy. You can try to scheme around it and put the guy in position to succeed, but then you're basically doing what Nagy has done with Trubisky, and you can only scheme around those warts so much. They tell out in the end.

They could trade him and draft another QB and that would be that, but I don't see Darnold as a selling point.

yeah, i'm not sold on darnold either, but he didn't throw a pick in the final three games, and the jets actually won a couple of games near the end of the season, so there might be something there. it is the new york market, though. and that has some good and bad points. the right coach might be able to create something good, despite ownership.

Good point about the Jags. The roster isn't bad and if nothing else, Khan is patient and will give his hires a chance to succeed or fail.

The Jets, as you point out, have a lot of picks but I don't trust that ownership. The fish rots from the head as they say, and to me they're like the Lions - not going to turn the corner until you get an ownership change.

Also I have a major concern with Darnold, and that's decision making. I don't know how you train that out of a guy. You can try to scheme around it and put the guy in position to succeed, but then you're basically doing what Nagy has done with Trubisky, and you can only scheme around those warts so much. They tell out in the end.

They could trade him and draft another QB and that would be that, but I don't see Darnold as a selling point.
Downfall to Jax job is that Kahn had roster control

Back