2021 Hired and Fired Thread

yeah, i'm not sold on darnold either, but he didn't throw a pick in the final three games, and the jets actually won a couple of games near the end of the season, so there might be something there. it is the new york market, though. and that has some good and bad points. the right coach might be able to create something good, despite ownership.
I have mixed feelings on Darnold. His decision making was bad at SC, and while he has had flashes its still an issue. Will coaching help? Maybe but its no given based on track record

well, nobody knows more about evaluating football personnel than an industrial engineer / entrepreneur that specializes in autmotive bumpers. am i right?

Not a firing, but John Elway giving up GM duties for the Broncos, will make an official hire there. Another open spot.

Fresh ideas and less wear and tear on himself for Elway. A smart move. He'll still be there, with words of encouragement, or a wry look on his face when they mess up. You can't separate him completely from what happens on the field and sidelines.

He is, as they say in the UK, "A footballer."

Fresh ideas and less wear and tear on himself for Elway. A smart move. He'll still be there, with words of encouragement, or a wry look on his face when they mess up. You can't separate him completely from what happens on the field and sidelines.

He is, as they say in the UK, "A footballer."
It’s a bit more than “just there”. His title will be Pres of FB Ops. I guess he technically is giving up the GM but his shadow will be involved

It’s a bit more than “just there”. His title will be Pres of FB Ops. I guess he technically is giving up the GM but his shadow will be involved
I believe that's what I indicated. He'll never let go 100%. Count on it. His fingerprints will be on most things they do.

I believe that's what I indicated. He'll never let go 100%. Count on it. His fingerprints will be on most things they do.
oh for sure, not sure its less wear and tear....hell might be more

oh for sure, not sure its less wear and tear....hell might be more
It gives him a chance to walk away for a week at a time. Go up in the mountains and breath. He's at that age where he needs to start measuring his work load so he can stay at it longer.

Back