2021 Hired and Fired Thread

Might be a lot of smoke but Terry Fontenot as GM & Joe Brady as HC is a hot topic in Atlanta

I like how Jerry Jones will decide on who will coach with McCarthy. The man continues to micro-manage the team and still blame the coaches for his decision making.

Nothing undermines a coach more than someone else making the decisions as to who will work for him.

McCarthy has one of the worst jobs in the coaching ranks, and he's going to end up being sacked for the poor decision making by Jones.

I like how Jerry Jones will decide on who will coach with McCarthy. The man continues to micro-manage the team and still blame the coaches for his decision making.

Nothing undermines a coach more than someone else making the decisions as to who will work for him.

McCarthy has one of the worst jobs in the coaching ranks, and he's going to end up being sacked for the poor decision making by Jones.
MM knew exactly what he was signing up for, and frankly he doesn't have a great history of making his own hires. In this case he was given leeway to hire the D staff and they wound up with Mike Nolan and Jim Tomsula, two failed coaches. MM reportedly interviewed Joe Whitt for DC, so obviously he hasn't changed. In this case I don't think it's a bad thing for brass to push the window on candidates wider than MM's comfort zone. The choice of person is another story.

This happened last year when MM was forced to accept Jerry's boy wonder as OC and had to let his game plan stay in place. When was the last time a offensive minded coach was hired and not allowed to put his own offense in place.

Reactions: TW
I can't believe that folks are sitting on Saleh? Very puzzling to me.
I saw something about the Lions being underwhelmed by his interview with them. I assumed it was team PR spinning things because he rejected them, but who knows.

Kinda reminds me of when Murphy hired ML and made him keep Pettine. Lol

Reactions: TW
Back