2021 Off Season Thread

#Packers announce trade for WR Randall Cobb. They will give up a 6th round pick and Cobb’s cap number with GB will be just under $3M, according to a source familiar with the deal. Texans will pay Cobb $3M. He was due $8.25M all guaranteed.

I realize most people don't see getting Cobb as a good thing, but in a way, I agree with the author in this article. I think it's pretty accurate. The point about giving Amari a year to grow into the system is fact. I don't think we will be disappointed.

The article says a #3, but apparently it's a 6th.

I realize most people don't see getting Cobb as a good thing, but in a way, I agree with the author in this article. I think it's pretty accurate. The point about giving Amari a year to grow into the system is fact. I don't think we will be disappointed.

The article says a #3, but apparently it's a 6th.

While I think it holds Amari’s learning curve and growth back, it’s nice to know he’s waiting in the wings if/when Cobb goes down with injury.
And they can still manufacture some specialty plays/touches for Amari like they did for Ervin.
It’s the circumstances that brought Cobb here that still chaps my azz.

While I think it holds Amari’s learning curve and growth back, it’s nice to know he’s waiting in the wings if/when Cobb goes down with injury.
And they can still manufacture some specialty plays/touches for Amari like they did for Ervin.
It’s the circumstances that brought Cobb here that still chaps my azz.
Maybe the Packers front office has become just a little too conservative in their ideas?

Maybe the Packers front office has become just a little too conservative in their ideas?
Conservative maybe but this move was done for one reason which is being rehashed in another thread. Cobb is not a GBP unless some certain QB demanded it. Is Amari Cooper ready to contribute? We don’t know that at this point but this kid has talent and a skill set that has been missing.

It's hard to deny the fact they've been overly conservative. They have done nothing to fill voids, except bring in low level players, and unproven draft picks when more than a band-aid is needed.

It's hard to deny the fact they've been overly conservative. They have done nothing to fill voids, except bring in low level players, and unproven draft picks when more than a band-aid is needed.
And that’s (possibly) a result of GB tending to over value and over pay to keep their own players rather than always look to free agency to build the roster. It has tended to financially handcuff the Packers ability to be frequent investors in free agency.

And Rodgers main beef with the organization (and maybe the NFL in general) was that teams tend to move on from players, for reasons he didn’t like, rather than keep the family/culture together.

Back