2021 Off Season Thread

It's time that the Packers coax Nolan Cromwell off the lake, and out of retirement. The guy may have been the best special teams coach I ever saw. Give him top buck and he might be tempted.

It's time that the Packers coax Nolan Cromwell off the lake, and out of retirement. The guy may have been the best special teams coach I ever saw. Give him top buck and he might be tempted.
Funny that after 1997 he never coached ST, was a WR coach

Funny that after 1997 he never coached ST, was a WR coach
Not many do go back to ST after moving up. In his case, he was one of the best. But, in NFL circles, very few ST coaches ever make it up to being HCs.

Sounds like the only real option is to find a diamond in the rough. If someone has already been a ST coach, he's either available because he's bad or unavailable because he's moved up, and teams don't value these guys.

Cromwell was a damned good ST coach. He held that job with the Packers from 1992-1997. His units constantly outplayed the opposition, giving the Packers better field position than anyone else. He assumed the WR coaching job in 1998 because they promoted him, afraid he was going to leave.

If you look back over records, you'll find his work was at the top, or the best in the entire NFL year after year. You'll also see that he worked with Desmond Howard, turning him into the return man he became, when a lot of people had given up on him.

Don't sell someone short just because they aren't the CEO of the coaching staff. The guy is the best I've seen, and I've been around the game for nearly 70 years.

It's time to get him to put his fishing boat in the boat house, and spend a couple of years getting us back on track, and training someone to take his place, so he can get back to the fishing.

Just my opinion.

Back