2022 Badger bowl game prediction

TW

Reaction score
I predict the Badgers edge the Gophers, and end up spending New Years Eve in Nashville, playing football. Since it's an early game, the Badgers will have time to spend some time and money, enjoying the entire scene, along with several thousand fans that follow them down there, to watch the game.

What makes this a winner, in a lot of ways, is that it's a game that's easily drive able from Madison, and most of Wisconsin. A nine hour drive from Madison.

Even though it's not a top bowl game, being on New Years Eve, and being an exposure location, I say it turns the season into a winner.

I saw online that the Music City Bowl was one of the potential bowls for them. New years eve day would be a great result for this season.

• Cheers
Reactions: TW
Music City has been on a few bowl predictions the past few weeks. That said not sure how big of a draw it will be. More than a few folks checked out after the Illinois game and Nashville in December weather wise is not optimal. Broadway is a nice draw but that’s about it.

I think they'd be a great draw for the Music City Bowl. Why would anyone think that a couple of days in Nashville wouldn't be a major draw for Wisconsinites, for New Years? I think it's a natural! Music, football, raising hell? Everything that every red-blooded college kid, and younger adult, would give their eye-teeth to do.

Being 9 hours from Madison makes it special. Since a majority of people will have the Monday, after New Years Day off, it's the perfect day for travel.

As for weather, the average temperatures in Nashville on December 31st is 50° and 32°. That's just plain "balmy" compared to the temps in Madison. A lot of days, at that time of year, the temps can reach into the low 60s in the city. That being a deterrent to people attending doesn't make sense.

I think they'd be a great draw for the Music City Bowl. Why would anyone think that a couple of days in Nashville wouldn't be a major draw for Wisconsinites, for New Years? I think it's a natural! Music, football, raising hell? Everything that every red-blooded college kid, and younger adult, would give their eye-teeth to do.

Being 9 hours from Madison makes it special. Since a majority of people will have the Monday, after New Years Day off, it's the perfect day for travel.

As for weather, the average temperatures in Nashville on December 31st is 50° and 32°. That's just plain "balmy" compared to the temps in Madison. A lot of days, at that time of year, the temps can reach into the low 60s in the city. That being a deterrent to people attending doesn't make sense.
They played in Nashville in 2003 vs Auburn and ticket demand was soft. And NY Eve is downtown Nashville is not cheap. And honestly not much to do but drink downtown or West End. Don’t get me wrong it’s a fun city and having spent a lot of time there. Just don’t see a big travel contingent

Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs Oklahoma

They played in Nashville in 2003 vs Auburn and ticket demand was soft. And NY Eve is downtown Nashville is not cheap. And honestly not much to do but drink downtown or West End. Don’t get me wrong it’s a fun city and having spent a lot of time there. Just don’t see a big travel contingent
I don't think the ticket sales were all that bad compared to other stadiums, games, but don't have information on attendances. I do know it was over 50k attending that game against Auburn, in 2003. You also can't use the stadium capacity today to give a percentage, because there were seats added over the years.

It's a different time. People are spending more money now. When people are willing to spend $10k for a 5 day package with two kids at Disney, I begin to wonder about how much they'll spend at other events.

If I recall, in that era (around 2003), people were watching their money a lot closer.

Back