2022 Badger Football Thread

Going with media market sizes. Let's look at other larger markets, and see what might be in those areas. Here are the top 50, from Wiki. Not certain it's 100% accurate. Showing Big 10 teams in their zone, and in ( ) Those teams who are in these zones and could pull them into the Big 10 with them. (Name) = Locations I would target.

Add on to this list anyway you want. There are larger media audiences out there that the Big 10 could still snag.

Tampa and Orlando are SEC markets so mark that one off

Dallas - I have always wondered about TCU.

Atlanta - Delaney wanted Ga Tech and made a run at them and UNC at one point. Stay tuned

Denver - yes

Phoenix- Wildcard but U of A more than ASU

ST Louis - add Kansas

Seattle - yes

With all due respect you guys hijacked a 2022 Badger FB thread with Big Ten expansion. In the future let's start another separate thread nono)
thread jackedfocus)

Follow the money. Colorado makes sense as does Washington but Oregon and Oregon State not so much. Cal? maybe, long shot.

Comes down to money. No coincidence that the B1G TV deal was not finalized last month. New deals with SC & UCLA probably gets B1G schools a $100m per year payday.

Of Big 12 schools, Kansas makes the most sense. 2 things the B1G covets. Big TV markets and AAU schools.

that team in South Bend is the big fish
Oregon makes more sense then smaller school like Colorado IMO

BIg Ten must not want any more WC teams that the turned down Oregon and Washington. I think they expand again it will be down south or East Coast. Let's be real Big Ten East Coast is crap in Rutgers and Maryland.
Waiting on Notre Dame before doing anything else.

Back