2022 Badger Football Thread

Big thing is if they don't improve this 2023 class it hurts 3-4 years down the road when you take a hit at starters/depth when you only have 8 kids and none of them are highly rated. Best one is 551st in the nation. Badgers right now are 87th in nation and dead last in Big Ten for their 2023 class.
It hurts for 1-2 years. The portal changes the dynamics. And remember, stars / rankings are subjective. Sure it’s a data point but remember Ridder was a 3 star kid ranked 1,657 nationally and Sauce Gardner was 1,672 nationally and they turned out just fine

It hurts for 1-2 years. The portal changes the dynamics. And remember, stars / rankings are subjective. Sure it’s a data point but remember Ridder was a 3 star kid ranked 1,657 nationally and Sauce Gardner was 1,672 nationally and they turned out just fine
It can turn a corner quickly, if you can use the portal to fill today's needs with quality players. Not saying we'll get a QB like Lincoln Riley did, when he brought Caleb Williams with him, but I'm saying that a respectable season could be had if our new recruiting crew gets their hooks into a few kids who could be play makers.

It's time for the Leonhard fan club to get on board. That ship has sailed.

It can turn a corner quickly, if you can use the portal to fill today's needs with quality players. Not saying we'll get a QB like Lincoln Riley did, when he brought Caleb Williams with him, but I'm saying that a respectable season could be had if our new recruiting crew gets their hooks into a few kids who could be play makers.

First the “Leonhard Fan Club” is on board, not sure if that’s the correct word. General consensus was the candidate list was not optimal until Fick news popped.

As to the portal unfortunately it’s tied in many cases to NIL, how that plays out in Madison is anyone’s guess. The good news is we actually have a collective, bad news is no telling how active or how well funded it is.

I remain cautiously optimistic

Yep Lonhard needs to podo( or get off the pot. He was offered a job to appease the Leonhard fan base who wanted him to get the HC job. I know he loves UW but I think it's best for all sides to just move on.

With how much Fickell recruited Ironton at UC and the fact that UC didn't offer Keyes, must mean he's not a fit for what they want at RB. Hopefully he goes to UK and not Iowa. I have a feeling that Nate White is going to thrive in this new system. He's the one player we definitely need to keep in the class.

Yep Lonhard needs to podo( or get off the pot. He was offered a job to appease the Leonhard fan base who wanted him to get the HC job. I know he loves UW but I think it's best for all sides to just move on.
It was not meant to appease the fan base. He was offered because it’s a bridge the current roster, recruiting and continuity. Fick or McIntosh are not in the business of appeasing a fan base

With how much Fickell recruited Ironton at UC and the fact that UC didn't offer Keyes, must mean he's not a fit for what they want at RB. Hopefully he goes to UK and not Iowa. I have a feeling that Nate White is going to thrive in this new system. He's the one player we definitely need to keep in the class.
I think I read Keyes also had offers from Michigan too.

Owen McCown? Does anyone think he'd be a decent fit at QB for the Badgers? He's in the portal, out of Colorado. His entire family, father, a pair of uncles, pretty good college QBs. He has 4 years eligible. Ended up as a redshirt, during this freshman year. Got hurt, mid-season.

Owen McCown? Does anyone think he'd be a decent fit at QB for the Badgers? He's in the portal, out of Colorado. His entire family, father, a pair of uncles, pretty good college QBs. He has 4 years eligible. Ended up as a redshirt, during this freshman year. Got hurt, mid-season.
Small frame kid and seems a bit raw. Personally I would prefer a stop gap for 1 year and see what early signing period brings. Offer list was underwhelming

Back