2022 Badger Football Thread

Bostad makes a ton of sense for the OL job. April, with help, likely takes over all the LBs. Now, get a new coordinator that can add something in the passing game to create a more balanced and dynamic offense. Some new ideas are needed, and to Chryst's credit it seems like maybe he understands that. We'll see based on who's hired.

Bucky's really hitting the transfer portal pretty hard. They lost a fair number of guys and it's good to see they are adding some back via the same path.

They could stand to add a RB via the portal but not sure if there are any realistic options. Allen is obviously the alpha dog next year but they could use some depth. Not sure if Mellusi will be ready at the start of the season. Guerrendo might be able to help, but it seems like he's more of a tease than a consistent performer. Davis got some shots this year but I don't see anything special there. Maybe Acker can surprise us next year. If Mellusi can go, they'll be fine, if not they need one of those other guys to really take a step forward in a big way.
I believe PC Said Mellusi won't be ready for start of season he could be guy who could be medical redshirt

I believe PC Said Mellusi won't be ready for start of season he could be guy who could be medical redshirt
Don’t think he qualifies for a medical RS…
the injury must have occurred in the first half of the season, and the athlete must have competed in less than 30 percent of the season.

I see the Badgers got a commit from a 3-star LB out of Batavia, IL.
Kid by the name of Jansey?

Turner also GT recruiting dude. Engram probably coaches TE also

Turner now heading up recruiting. Good call or bad? I think good. He was the lead recruiter with Jonathan Taylor I believe? I'd think Jim Leonhard is saying this is a good call. Jim can always step in as the wild card that can up the ante when they have someone on the hook, but it's not set.

Badgers are doubling the size of their recruiting office from what I've heard. I believe that would give them 8 people, plus Turner? Now, if they can get some recruiters who are deeply involved in some of the Southeastern US regions where football is king, and snag one or two of those 4 to 5 star athletes every year. They need to increase their travel budget significantly, and have people permanently out there making the rounds all year round.

I think Saeed Kahlif's expose of the way recruiting was handled is having a dramatic effect on where it's headed now. We need to thank him for that.

Turner now heading up recruiting. Good call or bad? I think good. He was the lead recruiter with Jonathan Taylor I believe? I'd think Jim Leonhard is saying this is a good call. Jim can always step in as the wild card that can up the ante when they have someone on the hook, but it's not set.

Badgers are doubling the size of their recruiting office from what I've heard. I believe that would give them 8 people, plus Turner? Now, if they can get some recruiters who are deeply involved in some of the Southeastern US regions where football is king, and snag one or two of those 4 to 5 star athletes every year. They need to increase their travel budget significantly, and have people permanently out there making the rounds all year round.

I think Saeed Kahlif's expose of the way recruiting was handled is having a dramatic effect on where it's headed now. We need to thank him for that.
Turner has been the defacto recruiting lead for a few years now. Difference now is it’s 100% of his time which hopefully will pay dividends. Jimmy’s role in recruiting is not changing

As to making headway in the southeast don’t hold your breath. Its resources sure but that’s just one piece. If there are more folks in the recruiting office it’s administrative not bodies on the road. That still is on the staff like other P5 schools. And you can’t have people out 12 months recruiting, not with NCAA dead periods

To me the news is they opened the pocket books for Engram. I can’t remember when we had 2 coordinators both over $1m in total compensation. Hopefully he will also help on the recruiting trail also.

Here is what’s being added to the staff

Back