2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

Pat Beverly torn ligament in wrist might try to play thru it but if he opts for surgery season is over.

Pat Beverly torn ligament in wrist might try to play thru it but if he opts for surgery season is over.

I think he should get the surgery. They need to prepare for the playoffs with the quantities they know they will have when the time comes. At any time, he could end up out for the rest of the way, and they'd have to scramble to replace him. Do it now, and get things ironed out.

He does bring a lot to the team, but he's going to have to do it from the sideline just like Thanasis. Be a cheerleader, and voice that the players can hear out there.

I think he should get the surgery. They need to prepare for the playoffs with the quantities they know they will have when the time comes. At any time, he could end up out for the rest of the way, and they'd have to scramble to replace him. Do it now, and get things ironed out.

He does bring a lot to the team, but he's going to have to do it from the sideline just like Thanasis. Be a cheerleader, and voice that the players can hear out there.
He might be done for playoffs also he gets the surgery. Guess it's a 3-4 month recovery time so he would be out to end of June or July.

He might be done for playoffs also he gets the surgery. Guess it's a 3-4 month recovery time so he would be out to end of June or July.
My problem is adjustments. If you keep him playing, and count on him in the rotation, then he ends up out, you don't have time to refocus the team on the rotational changes. Often, you're better just making the adjustments now then having a wait and see attitude towards it. On the injured list, they could sign someone who might help them down the road, by getting some court time with the team early enough for it to matter.

ugh another loss. This team is just not that good. I think had they played in the west this is a middle of the pack team in the western conference that no one talks about much.

ugh another loss. This team is just not that good. I think had they played in the west this is a middle of the pack team in the western conference that no one talks about much.
They have no idea of what team defense is all about. Dame isn't a vocal leader on the floor like Holiday was. I wish they never made those trades. They gave up too much for today, and the future. I said it at the time, and hate seeing I was right.

Their failure this year will make ownership dump Horst, and bring in a new GM, who will dismantle this team in hopes of finding a new direction which could take years to reach.

It's been criminal how this has happened. Horst does not have a clue on how to team build. MIlwaukee returns to their normal role, of being a loser, that everyone keeps considering a dark horse to win it all, but doesn't even compete effectively in the playoffs, if they even get in.

Blow up the Bucks after the season. Team is a huge joke. They will probably lose 1st or 2nd round in playoffs. This team is showing their title season was a fluke and they are not getting back. Trade away guys and rebuild your draft picks since the team does not have any picks they control for the next 7 years.

Blow up the Bucks after the season. Team is a huge joke. They will probably lose 1st or 2nd round in playoffs. This team is showing their title season was a fluke and they are not getting back. Trade away guys and rebuild your draft picks since the team does not have any picks they control for the next 7 years.
Agreed. It's over. The whole idea of winning it all was traded away foolishly.

Stick a fork in them. They're done. Horst and his parade of head coaches that aren't NBA level has destroyed what was the makings of an amazing team, just three years ago. He "tinkered" with changes to player personnel, and destroyed the team dynamic, by getting rid of players that were vital to them being a dynasty, simply to show he was "in charge."

That idiot has to be sent packing the same day as they get eliminated from the playoffs, and his coach should go with him. Ownership needs to understand they allowed this to happen, and need a no nonsense GM who can come in and totally dismantle this team and start again, from scratch, armed with draft picks, and cap room to bring in valuable free agents that can grow into super star roles.

It's over for the team we have. We need to live with it, and let the stars go somewhere where their talent will be best utilized. It can't happen in Milwaukee, because Horst traded away all the building blocks of picks in trades. What a freaking disaster!

Back