2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

I totally agree with you, yet, I believe Griffin should have recognized there had to be a reason Stotts wanted to talk to them for a moment, for some reason. There's a huge difference between being a solid head coach and being a control freak who runs the team like a dictator, where no matter what he says, everyone jumps. It's possible - without realizing it - Griffin reacted because he felt Stotts was more in touch with his players than he was. If that's the case, Griffin's time as HC may be short lived.

Since I was never really fully vested in him becoming the HC, I'm thinking maybe he wasn't the right man for the job in the first place. Maybe, just maybe, the front office felt they needed who was a little more forceful in their leadership, and Griffen acted out to prove he was. It could backfire very quickly, if that's the case.
Griffin was supported by Giannis. MKE will do what it needs to keep Giannis happy. Was he maybe the best hire? Who knows but he's the guy Giannis backed so to keep Giannis happy is the name of the game in MKE.

Griffin was supported by Giannis. MKE will do what it needs to keep Giannis happy. Was he maybe the best hire? Who knows but he's the guy Giannis backed so to keep Giannis happy is the name of the game in MKE.
I hope Giannis isn't going to be another Rodgers. We know how these scenarios play out.

Giannis to signed new deal?

A new deal, if 4 years long, and added after next year, would take him to about 34 or 35 years old. That would be the end of the line for a lot of players. Hard to say with him. His game is very physical, so injuries could easily become an issue in the not too distant future.

A new deal, if 4 years long, and added after next year, would take him to about 34 or 35 years old. That would be the end of the line for a lot of players. Hard to say with him. His game is very physical, so injuries could easily become an issue in the not too distant future.
Locked in with Bucks thru age 32 can opt out at age 33. But even then yeah his prime years will be past. If he stays or opts out starting in 27-28 I don't expect these bucks teams to be very good and they will not be having any high first round picks to use to at least 2031.

Booo to CBS Sports. Every person on panel as Boston winning the Eastern Conference.

Imagine the trade value Giannis will have in two years, if they decide they want to rebuild. They could get a haul of picks, and players, in a multiple team work around that would make them a balanced team with picks to possibly catch lightning in a bottle.

Back