2024 NFL Season Thread

Just FYI on safety, Football and all that..... I'll fix it by doing the following:

1. Effective ASAP the spread and air raid offense is banned at all levels. You MUST play with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
2. You must huddle and play calling will revert back to the shuttle system. Defensive calls will be signals or shuttle. (slow the game down)
3. All rules on kicks and punts revert back to the 1990 rules.

Basically, take the basketball-on-grass concepts out of the game and make all levels go back to fundamental football. Chess on grass rather than the crap we got now. QB will have to learn the 5 step drop again, snap under center... OL that will know basic blocking.

Just FYI on safety, Football and all that..... I'll fix it by doing the following:

1. Effective ASAP the spread and air raid offense is banned at all levels. You MUST play with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
2. You must huddle and play calling will revert back to the shuttle system. Defensive calls will be signals or shuttle. (slow the game down)
3. All rules on kicks and punts revert back to the 1990 rules.

Basically, take the basketball-on-grass concepts out of the game and make all levels go back to fundamental football. Chess on grass rather than the crap we got now. QB will have to learn the 5 step drop again, snap under center... OL that will know basic blocking.
How it's going it's ver possible NFL and NFLPA in name of safety in next 10-15 years is going to put so many rules in place this game is going to become unwatchable.

Changing rules is fine if that will help but I’m not going to complain about a guy who doesn’t want to invite long term brain damage for my entertainment.

Changing rules is fine if that will help but I’m not going to complain about a guy who doesn’t want to invite long term brain damage for my entertainment.
Thats the point we would not be seeing that near as much before now they have these big guys going full speed all the time etc, basic physics applies here. I could go on and on.....it's so easy to "fix" the game if the networks and league would stop trying to make it into an all-star wrestling-type entertainment and go back to grassroots. sb( tc(

The whole reason for the rules being changed is to put the league in a less vulnerable position when it comes to lawsuits related to player injuries. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game. The players say they want it safer, and it's hard to argue that they are wrong. Yet, it isn't football as we've known it.

But, in this world today, attorneys control everything.

Interviewing a new draft pick and right away having to ask if he hates the Packers? I swear Packers live rent free in most Bears fans heads. I don't think you would see a Packers fan every asking do you hate the Bears? Most I have ever seen is a draft pick who grew up in IL being asked did you cheer for the Bears as a kid.

He's probably going to hate them a lot more if they continue losing two a year to the Packers like they have been. But, that's another story. I hope he does a 10 year career in Chicago and never sees them beat the Packers. That would be poetic justice to his "hatred."

Do really want to reduce injuries?

• Minimize pads - back to 30s style, size, and soft.
  • Old school helmets - leather or modern rugby scrum cap style that are used in practice
  • NO Facemasks
  • Require arms to wrap during tackling from shoulders to knees - old school form tackles
  • Play on grass

Last edited:
Back