8 or 12 team playoff?

So let’s nitpick 1 year out of how many. Note the post above with the 7 year breakdown
OSU is OSU they are a team that unless they likely get a rash of injuries they will always be in the playoffs.

One year OSU would have had a lot of trouble. They're shown in 4th and 7th in 2018.

OSU is OSU they are a team that unless they likely get a rash of injuries they will always be in the playoffs.
And there are 3 or 4 OSU types in the SEC. They got there because they earned it

I like the 5-12 play in games being played at the higher seeded team stadium. It's a reward game for the fans. What I don't understand is why they didn't take that through the next two levels as well? Just play the championship game on neutral soil.

At the same time, I do understand that the "home field" mystique in college football can be pretty strong. So, I have to give them that.

By doing the home field gig for the first two rounds, at least, they'd reward everyone in the top 8 with at least one home game for their fans.

Just thinking about loud here. I'm just glad they expanded the format. There won't be the cries of a team being ranked 5th would could win it all, not being included.

I like the 5-12 play in games being played at the higher seeded team stadium. It's a reward game for the fans. What I don't understand is why they didn't take that through the next two levels as well? Just play the championship game on neutral soil.

At the same time, I do understand that the "home field" mystique in college football can be pretty strong. So, I have to give them that.

By doing the home field gig for the first two rounds, at least, they'd reward everyone in the top 8 with at least one home game for their fans.

Just thinking about loud here. I'm just glad they expanded the format. There won't be the cries of a team being ranked 5th would could win it all, not being included.
It’s also a “reward” for the university assuming they keep ticket revenue. Trust me it’s not about the fans. It basically solves the the travel issue and again revenue I think the thinking behind only first round is to keep some integrity with the bowl games. I like the rotation with the semi finals and finals. I get there won’t be cries on the 5th ranked team being left out, they now shift to #12 / #13

Back