8 or 12 team playoff?

You get past 8 teams and some early games are unwatchable bloodbaths. It’s just not good TV to be blunt. And again one more travel week
i don't really agree with this line of thinking. first, some of the games are already bloodbaths, even with less than 8 teams. people watch anyway. second, with ten teams, the first round is a play-in round between the teams that are seeded 7-10, while teams seeded 1-6 have a bye. so those are not likely to be bloodbaths. then in the second round is where you have the potential bloodbaths with seeds 1&2 playing against the two teams that won the play-in.

i don't really agree with this line of thinking. first, some of the games are already bloodbaths, even with less than 8 teams. people watch anyway. second, with ten teams, the first round is a play-in round between the teams that are seeded 7-10, while teams seeded 1-6 have a bye. so those are not likely to be bloodbaths. then in the second round is where you have the potential bloodbaths with seeds 1&2 playing against the two teams that won the play-in.
Ratings are already down and declining in CFP. So basically a 7-10 game is equivalent to the Orange or Fiesta which also have declining ratings. Usually the semi finals are pretty competitive, sure you get the occasional blowout. Anymore than 8 is a logistical problem also. No chance the university presidents ok anymore than one more round

Looks like 12 games will be recommended and passed. Shocked no but surprised not more push back. Money obviously played in. Guess I misjudged this one a bit

The proposal calls for the bracket to include the six highest-ranked conference champions and the six remaining highest-ranked teams as determined by the CFP selection committee.

"No conference would qualify automatically and there would be no limit on the number of participants from a conference," the proposal states.

The first-round games would take place on campus sometime during the two-week period following conference championship games. The quarterfinals would be played on Jan. 1 -- or Jan. 2 when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday -- and on an adjacent day.

Looks like 12 games will be recommended and passed. Shocked no but surprised not more push back. Money obviously played in. Guess I misjudged this one a bit

The proposal calls for the bracket to include the six highest-ranked conference champions and the six remaining highest-ranked teams as determined by the CFP selection committee.

"No conference would qualify automatically and there would be no limit on the number of participants from a conference," the proposal states.

The first-round games would take place on campus sometime during the two-week period following conference championship games. The quarterfinals would be played on Jan. 1 -- or Jan. 2 when New Year's Day falls on a Sunday -- and on an adjacent day.
To be honest, I saw 12 games, simply because it gave them more free range with at large teams, and a better opportunity for the 2nd best team in a conference to get a shot at making it. I think a lot of teams that lose a game and felt they were out of it will now have more to play for, knowing they could get in to the play in group that would meet the top 4.

To be honest, I saw 12 games, simply because it gave them more free range with at large teams, and a better opportunity for the 2nd best team in a conference to get a shot at making it. I think a lot of teams that lose a game and felt they were out of it will now have more to play for, knowing they could get in to the play in group that would meet the top 4.
Yeah I get that but the non automatic qualifier for P5 conferences is a bit disturbing. Stanky the SEC commission is the senior guy now with B1G and PAC 12 having new bosses. You can bet your life SEC pushed this. How G5 fits is the unknown since it’s still committee picks. I heard about the on campus thing a few weeks ago, it’s why I brought it up earlier as a “fix” to the travel issues

12 games going to have 2-3 loss teams make the playoffs.

Yeah I get that but the non automatic qualifier for P5 conferences is a bit disturbing. Stanky the SEC commission is the senior guy now with B1G and PAC 12 having new bosses. You can bet your life SEC pushed this. How G5 fits is the unknown since it’s still committee picks. I heard about the on campus thing a few weeks ago, it’s why I brought it up earlier as a “fix” to the travel issues
Yeah that's trash so now will have half the playoffs posibbly be SEC teams.

I don't have any doubt the SEC was in favor of it, with no auto picks. That way they can seed 2 or 3 teams in the playoffs constantly. If they had thought they might not get that option, they probably would have voted against expansion, because they end up with 2 most of the time now.

Nothing seems to ever be done because it's the right thing, but always because it gives someone a leg up.

Back