Aaron Rodgers, the Packers and the long succession: ‘Just tell the truth, you wanted to move on’

I applaud Gute for having grown a pair to make this move happen. Sure he may be a failure down the road (I think all GMs have a shelf life in an organization) but he did what he felt was best for the team and that is what I want in a GM. I don't want a guy who allows the players to run the show.

As for AR himself, I will openly admit he was my all time favorite Packer and its not even close. Now? well he is no longer a Packer so its simple I no longer root for him. I don't hate the guy but he is no longer my team's QB.

Now my only rooting interest is to see his team have a crappy year with him playing 65% of the snaps.

And yes I am that old fart that says I root for the name on the front of the jersey not on the back.

So Murphy knew Rodgers was disgruntled and wanted out or he wanted the GM gone early in 2021.

And Murphy didn’t budge on trading Rodgers when his value was at its (Wilson like) peak in 2021 or 2022.

Instead, Murphy approved a huge extension for Rodgers in 2022.

And then Murphy finally acquiesced to trading Rodgers for a lesser return after an 8-9 2022 season.

If this is an accurate statement of the factual record, and I believe it might be, then my excitement for and anticipation of the July 1, 2025 ending of the Mark Murphy era of control of the Green Bay Packers organization has increased to a degree I did not anticipate was possible.
Also Rodgers just put a target on the back of Russ Ball. LaFleur got a shot, Murphy got a shot, Gute took the brunt of the heat, but Russ actually got complemented…the only one to kiss his ass and mean it. Of the 4 key leadership personnel, he’s the odd man out.

Can we also take a moment and recognize for the second time in 15 years Mark Murphy has overseen a contentious separation from a franchise QB and each time has allowed his GM, his direct subordinate, to take almost 100% of the public criticism. The talk shows, the articles, social media, even shots from the QB directly. Not a peep, didn’t step in and shoulder any blame. Like a real leader…

Glad GB decided to rip off bandaid this year take full cap hit. Next year likely dump guys like Bak, Jones, Smith get rid of 3 of largest contracts you have and by 2025 should be in good cap shape.

Sounds like Rodgers planning on playing more then 1 year in NY

"When you have so many great players on rookie deals, it's pretty exciting, knowing you can do something," Rodgers told the media. "You got a good window, it's not just a one-year thing where you can be competitive, which is fun."

Sounds like Rodgers planning on playing more then 1 year in NY

"When you have so many great players on rookie deals, it's pretty exciting, knowing you can do something," Rodgers told the media. "You got a good window, it's not just a one-year thing where you can be competitive, which is fun."

Who TF cares!!?!?

Toon soon?
377981423_7194565573889998_5002316251624368119_n.jpg

Back