B1G Media Rights Deal

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
CBS and NBC have emerged as the clear front runners to pick up Big Ten rights alongside Fox Sports. Fox / FS1 / BTN get the “A” package, CBS would pick up games for the 3:30pm ET window, and NBC would carry games in primetime. NBC’s streaming service, Peacock, also would wind up carrying some games. Translation? ESPN is out maybe. Probably will get hoops

Next up ..:.
An ESPN-orchestrated merger of the ACC and Pac-12 Tier 3 networks has been a distinct possibility so there’s that

Jack Swarbrick. Next move is yours

Last edited:
Assuming this falls this way
Noon: Big Ten on Fox
3:30: Big Ten on CBS
7:30: Big Ten on NBC

Also games on FS1 / Peacock / BTN and potentially CBSSN

CBS and NBC have emerged as the clear front runners to pick up Big Ten rights alongside Fox Sports. Fox / FS1 / BTN get the “A” package, CBS would pick up games for the 3:30pm ET window, and NBC would carry games in primetime. NBC’s streaming service, Peacock, also would wind up carrying some games. Translation? ESPN is out maybe. Probably will get hoops

Next up ..:.
An ESPN-orchestrated merger of the ACC and Pac-12 Tier 3 networks has been a distinct possibility so there’s that

Jack Swarbrick. Next move is yours
Interesting that 3 networks will carry games. Sucks games would be on Peacock as I don't have that.

Interesting that 3 networks will carry games. Sucks games would be on Peacock as I don't have that.
Not sure how many games get to Peacock, my guess 1-2 per week. BTN would carry most of the non network games.

And yes expect a streaming deal with Apple or Amazon also.

Well it’s technically 3 networks now, Fox, ESPN / ABC & BTN.

B1G Media Rights ….What’s interesting about this is how it impacts mens basketball. ACC / Big Ten Challenge was basically ESPN made for TV hoops. CBS already had the B1G hoops semis / final ….So now with ESPN out I would suspect more games on Peacock and / or FS1 or possibly CBSSN.

B1G Media Rights ….What’s interesting about this is how it impacts mens basketball. ACC / Big Ten Challenge was basically ESPN made for TV hoops. CBS already had the B1G hoops semis / final ….So now with ESPN out I would suspect more games on Peacock and / or FS1 or possibly CBSSN.
So ESPN now goes full on to get all ACC and Pac 12?

Back