BadgerMens BB Thread 2023/24

In the MWC. It doesn't appear that he even played against San Diego State. I hope it's good news but doubt it.

He had a solid sophomore year. #2 scorer on their team. They only won 9 games. I don't know what he can bring to the table. I want to see us get a slammer to play in the middle, and a PG who is fast, and can drive to the bucket, and make those passes that most people only dream they could make, for assists.

In the MWC. It doesn't appear that he even played against San Diego State. I hope it's good news but doubt it.
"Reynolds, who was the Cowboys’ leading scorer (14.5 ppg) before having his season cut short after suffering two concussions in Mountain West play, is the first of the eight UW players to enter the transfer portal moving up to a Power 5 conference."

Still hoping for good.

But, 2 concussions in MWC? The B1G isn't gentle

Is this kid another he's known for his D and not able to score much? AKA typical Badger

Is this kid another he's known for his D and not able to score much? AKA typical Badger

Defense really isn't his main thing so he's not really "typical". His scoring ability seems pretty decent and 14+ppg would be huge if he could replicate that for UW. That said, he really doesn't excite me. Definitely not the home-run addition most fans were hoping for and certainly won't be able to score at the same level in the Big-10 that he showed in the MWC. I'm hoping for the best but I'm not sure he's much more than a bench player who's somewhat of an upgrade over Mcgee and Lindsey to play guard off the bench. The concussions are a concern.

AJ Storr is a really nice addition. He had a lot of quality teams going after him. Was a top-100 high school recruit which might be higher than anyone currently on the roster - I didn't research that. They needed a true wing player and at 6'6",Storr is a true fit at that spot, more than Klesmit.

Barring any more additions/subtractions, the starters next year should be Hepburn, Essegian, Storr, Wahl, and Crowl. That will leave Reynolds, Klesmit and Yalden as your top 3 guys off the bench. Are they ready to challenge for a Final-4, nope. Could they get another 4-6 wins and a tourney bid, I think so.

AJ Storr is a really nice addition. He had a lot of quality teams going after him. Was a top-100 high school recruit which might be higher than anyone currently on the roster - I didn't research that. They needed a true wing player and at 6'6",Storr is a true fit at that spot, more than Klesmit.

Barring any more additions/subtractions, the starters next year should be Hepburn, Essegian, Storr, Wahl, and Crowl. That will leave Reynolds, Klesmit and Yalden as your top 3 guys off the bench. Are they ready to challenge for a Final-4, nope. Could they get another 4-6 wins and a tourney bid, I think so.
I totally agree. This young player has the ability to put up some solid numbers at the #2 position. The team for this upcoming season is beginning to look pretty darned good. Like you said, not a Final 4 team, but they should be strong enough to get a respectable bid from the committee.

I think the whole thing with what happened with Chryst, has lit a fire under Gard's bottom. They are going after guys that can help this team.

Back