BadgerMens BB Thread 2023/24

Freitag is a big-time get and fits an athletic profile the Badgers have not had at the point guard position for quite a while, maybe since Devin Harris. Not to say they haven't had some good point guards, just nobody with this level of athletic ability.
just an update: freitag and robison (both 4-star recruits) have signed their national letter of intent this week.

Too bad Kon didn't choose Wisconsin. But, maybe he didn't believe enough in himself to figure he could beat out Essegian for floor time. Despite the 5-star rating, he could have felt that it would be easier to move on to Duke, where they're already planning on handing him the ball, with no positional issues about him getting playing time. At Wisconsin, Essegian is only a sophomore, so that could be part of the issue.

Just an opinion on that. We're going to see how it plays out.
If you want to play in the NBA, Duke or WI? I'm the biggest Bucky Homer, but I'm going to Duke

Sounds like Gus Yalden rejoined the team at practice yesterday. Hopefully a good sign for him.

Bucky shooting like last year and got whipped. Lots of time, but I wish they would turn this around.

Bucky shooting like last year and got whipped. Lots of time, but I wish they would turn this around.
Thing is because the school was stupid they gave him a large buyout. The buyout this year and next year are $12 million before falling to $8 million in 2025 and $5 million in 2026 the last year of his deal. With the school paying to fire the football staff and hockey staff they may not have the money to fire Gard and his staff.

After watching the fiasco against Providence, who is slated to be 8th in their conference, I see a seriously poor year for the Badgers unless they learn how to play bully ball, which is what almost every other team does.

If you don't have several kids who have cut their teeth on playground ball, where it's more like a street fight, you're not going to compete in college. The other team will beat the H out of you. You saw it last night.

Storr & Blackwell can play that game. Cut them loose, let them play, and surround them with three guys who aren't afraid to bang the boards and the opposing players instead of using the "polite" schemes they employ now.

Simply put? You gotta be aggressive.

Wow Badgers have a blowout win in upset of UVA

Also see The Marquette is up to 4 in polls.

Last edited:
Wow Badgers have a blowout win in upset of UVA

Also see The Marquette is up to 4 in polls.

Gonna be an interesting in-state batlle in a couple of weeks if Bucky keeps playing like they did last night.

At last, Gard turned loose the dogs of war. The Badger game became aggressive, and they took advantage of the game that guys like Storr & Blackwell bring to the table. Even McGee, who played street round ball in Racine, where the games are physical, and fouls aren't called unless blood is drawn, or there's fracture, was able to show what he's got.

What it did was gave Crowl, Wahl, and others, a role model, and they began banging bodies too. It's how the game is played to day, and there's no turning back to the "4-corner offense" with 2-handed set shots.

Next? Dismantle SMU on Wednesday night, to show that they belong in the hunt for a trip to the NCAA tournament! It all starts here!

Back