Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Seriously. He’s not UFA for 2 years and probably a top 5 player in the league. He’s going to bring a haul
Thing is I don't think anyone has the prospects to equal him. Most likely teams will agree to ahve to take bad a couple bad contracts with some good prospects.

So looking at Hader trade this seems nothing but a salary dump for next year. Two MLB players they got are struggling and the closer is a FA at the end of the year and the SP is a guy who's struggled and could be non-tendered. The one prospect they got is a OF and makes no sense they wanted him since their top 4 prospects are OF prospects. The pitcher they got is said to maybe be able to reach back end of the rotation starter. To me they did not get much out of this trade and I don't think they get much less by waiting to the off-season to have moved Hader.

Crazy move and a head scratcher for sure. If Rogers and Lamet continue regressing, the Brewers will have a shaky bullpen in the midst of a certain division battle with the Cards. Not to mention the fan anger they will face for trading an All-Star closer while leading their division.

HUGE gamble.

Crazy move and a head scratcher for sure. If Rogers and Lamet continue regressing, the Brewers will have a shaky bullpen in the midst of a certain division battle with the Cards. Not to mention the fan anger they will face for trading an All-Star closer while leading their division.

HUGE gamble.
Hader stays with MKE until end of season it was pretty much a lock he would have become the Brewers all time saves leader but now ends up 8 short of the record.

Now Brewers make another head scratching move. Trade their #7 prospect and a player for a 36 year old RP.

Now Brewers make another head scratching move. Trade their #7 prospect and a player for a 36 year old RP.
Bush is insurance policy this year in case Peralta doesn't return to form, and other pitchers struggle. Nothing more.

Thing is I don't think anyone has the prospects to equal him. Most likely teams will agree to ahve to take bad a couple bad contracts with some good prospects.
San Diego and StL do. Both are extremely deep.

So looking at Hader trade this seems nothing but a salary dump for next year. Two MLB players they got are struggling and the closer is a FA at the end of the year and the SP is a guy who's struggled and could be non-tendered. The one prospect they got is a OF and makes no sense they wanted him since their top 4 prospects are OF prospects. The pitcher they got is said to maybe be able to reach back end of the rotation starter. To me they did not get much out of this trade and I don't think they get much less by waiting to the off-season to have moved Hader.
And that’s why they are called prospects. I recall a guy named Matt LaPorta who Milwaukee dealt for CC and was supposed to be the second coming. He flopped. That said I don’t see a salary dump here , more betting on some upside. Gamble yes but I’ll let it play out

Back