Brewers 2022 Season Thread

Well I thin Stearns screwed up Hader got traded for junk
I read the scouting reports and background/ history on some guys. Ruiz has big upside , Lamet is a hit / miss.

Who would ever thought Chourio would progress as he has.

I read the scouting reports and background/ history on some guys. Ruiz has big upside , Lamet is a hit / miss.

Who would ever thought Chourio would progress as he has.
Lamet is trash near 10 ERA this year

Ruiz is not needed Brewers have 4 OF prospects above him already

Ahh prospects that might not pan out.
Lamet was fine in 2021/2020. Can’t look at one year in a vacuum

Also Lamet had a WHIP of .885 in 2020. So if your going to look at 2022 in a vacuum why not 2021 or 2020?

Wow, Padres suddenly look very different and very improved. If Cards pass up Crew to win division, wild card is no longer likely for the Brewers as Braves (or Mets) and Padres is probable. If Crew does win division, a worst case scenario exists of facing them and Hader in the playoffs and getting beat. FP(

As you can tell, I'm still struggling with the Hader trade. I just don't agree with getting rid of your ace closer on a year you're on top of the division. Granted, he's slumping a bit, but once he regains command of his off-speed stuff again, batters won't be able to wait up on a fastball to tee up on. Hader seems to go through this every year and then regains form. Maybe Stearns sees something making him question it this time. Only time will tell, just like the prospects FlaPack reminds us of.

Brewers acquire Trevor Rosenthal. I guess you can't have enough BP arms. Aren't Cousins and Topa coming back soon as well? Would have been nice to pick up a bat before the deadline.

Wow, Padres suddenly look very different and very improved. If Cards pass up Crew to win division, wild card is no longer likely for the Brewers as Braves (or Mets) and Padres is probable. If Crew does win division, a worst case scenario exists of facing them and Hader in the playoffs and getting beat. FP(

As you can tell, I'm still struggling with the Hader trade. I just don't agree with getting rid of your ace closer on a year you're on top of the division. Granted, he's slumping a bit, but once he regains command of his off-speed stuff again, batters won't be able to wait up on a fastball to tee up on. Hader seems to go through this every year and then regains form. Maybe Stearns sees something making him question it this time. Only time will tell, just like the prospects FlaPack reminds us of.
You had to think that you move him now or Winter meetings. Doubtful he makes it thru arbitration with his ask to I get moving him. It’s a legit debate on timing. If you think Williams can close and Rogers sets up fine, grab more arms.

Ahh prospects that might not pan out.
Lamet was fine in 2021/2020. Can’t look at one year in a vacuum
Can't say he was good 2 years ago when he's getting lite up this year. It's what is he doing right now

Brewers acquire Trevor Rosenthal. I guess you can't have enough BP arms. Aren't Cousins and Topa coming back soon as well? Would have been nice to pick up a bat before the deadline.
That was a F- trade. Rosenthal was just signed by Giants less then two weeks ago. Has not pitched since 2020. Might not pitch rest of season at best maybe September. Brewers gave up their 7th round pick from 2021 for this guy. Stearns crapped the bed on this trade. If you wanted him should have signed him off the street for free a month ago.

You had to think that you move him now or Winter meetings. Doubtful he makes it thru arbitration with his ask to I get moving him. It’s a legit debate on timing. If you think Williams can close and Rogers sets up fine, grab more arms.
They sold on Hader at his lowest point. For what they got I would have kept Hader rest of season and hoped he bounced back. For little as they got I could not see them getting less in off-season then they did moving him now.

Back