Brewers 2023 Season Thread

Why, because he wants his stadium not to leak and be fixed. You either pony up the $ to fix it or they leave, just that simple. It has nothing to do with ownership.
I just find it bad that he is using threats to move the team. No reason to make those threats yet work with govt to make a deal both sides live with. Mark A is just a owner who cares nothing about the city of MKE. All he cares about is how much he can make the team worth before he sells it for a profit.

I just find it bad that he is using threats to move the team. No reason to make those threats yet work with govt to make a deal both sides live with. Mark A is just a owner who cares nothing about the city of MKE. All he cares about is how much he can make the team worth before he sells it for a profit.
Um based on what I read they tried to make a deal and the Republicans in WI pulled the deal. I guess they forgot that the Lambeau expansion was paid for with public bonds.

Um based on what I read they tried to make a deal and the Republicans in WI pulled the deal. I guess they forgot that the Lambeau expansion was paid for with public bonds.
Rumor I heard Republicans want long term leased sign like 30 years to give money to team Team scoffed at that.

Stadiums need upgrades, and repairs, almost constantly. The idea that you can control a pro team for 30 years is ridiculous. It's like telling a $10 billion dollar company that you'll build a new road near their headquarters if they sign a binding agreement that they won't leave the state for 30 years. Especially when the company knows that based on past history, in 10 years, the road will have to be repaired and upgraded, and the city/county/state, whatever, is saying; "Screw you! You want it? Pay for it yourself! If you don't like it, lump it, because you have 20 years left on your agreement, and it's not negotiable."

Wisconsin/Milwaukee County/City, has a history of drawing lines in the sand, and watching a seriously good tax resource bolt out the door because they failed to recognize that they don't have them by the short hairs.

Thing is Brewers are asking nearly $500 million over 20 years I think that's why you have politicans fighting it as it is a likely death sentence to their career if they had that over to a sports team.

Thing is Brewers are asking nearly $500 million over 20 years I think that's why you have politicans fighting it as it is a likely death sentence to their career if they had that over to a sports team.
It's only a death sentence if they don't spend some time researching exactly what it means in revenue to the people who are footing that bill. The reason Wisconsin keeps losing industry is because they constantly fail to see the bottom line in long term returns, focusing on the instant dollar figure, because it's something they can wave around like a sledgehammer.

Don't get me wrong I think both sides are playing a game. Brewers want taxpayers to foot the bill. Govt wants a long term lease and not foot all the bill. 2030 is the earliest lease can expire. I believe long before then both sides will come to an agreement both can live with while both will have to give and take to make a deal work.

Don't get me wrong I think both sides are playing a game. Brewers want taxpayers to foot the bill. Govt wants a long term lease and not foot all the bill. 2030 is the earliest lease can expire. I believe long before then both sides will come to an agreement both can live with while both will have to give and take to make a deal work.
In ten years, only one side will have leverage, and by then, it could end up just like the Braves. By not getting things straight, they were already destined for Atlanta, almost two-years before it happened. The stadium was already being built.

Every year that passes will lead to more leverage for the Brewers. It's already been proven that MLB will help a team relocate. As for attendance at games, MLB teams learned that they can get by for a year or two with nobody attending games, because of media money. The only loser that could come out of this is the state.

It's time for honest negotiations, and starting now, not down the road, to prove a point now.

Brewers showing how bad they are against good teams. 2 games against the dodgers and LA has spanked them. MKE has had as many errors as hits thru the first 2 games vs them. This team will not compete in the playoffs vs LA or ATL. Some are saying Counsell may leave after the season as his contract is up. I hope he does. He's been here nearly 9 years and Brewers have 1 playoff series win in that time. I said before he's not that great. He's a guy who can coach a team to the playoffs but once he gets there he meets up with better coached teams and can't beat them. He's had his time and I think the team needs to bring in a fresh approach. Same thing GB did with MM he got stale and could not get the job down in the playoffs and was shown the door for it.

Back