Could It BE ???

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 22h22 hours agoMore
Been told a few times now that a certain very successful NFL coach wants out from his current team. And no Chicago fans, it’s not Fox. This coach feels it’s time for a change

Hmmm ? " very successful NFL coach"

Bill wants to go back to the Browns? LOL

Could it also be Pete Carroll? Perhaps he sees Seattle is going down hill and wants to leave?

Mike Tomlin?

Hmmm ? " very successful NFL coach"
SELF described 'very successful NFL coach.

Along the lines of taking your ball and going home? Or maybe, you can't fire me! I quit.
It would certainly start a domino effect.

Bill wants to go back to the Browns? LOL

Could it also be Pete Carroll? Perhaps he sees Seattle is going down hill and wants to leave?

Mike Tomlin?
Let's just get down to it... MM has 1 year left on his deal. Been here a long time. A rumor going around GB this summer was that Mike and his wife had issues. Maybe he wants to move on ?

Let's just get down to it... MM has 1 year left on his deal. Been here a long time. A rumor going around GB this summer was that Mike and his wife had issues. Maybe he wants to move on ?

If that's true and with Jon Gruden saying never say never in returning to the NFL I think it's time to let MM go on to what ever he wants to do force TT into retirement. Hire Dorsey as GM and then bring in Gruden as HC.

I think the McCarthy era in GB is about to become history. If he doesn't get a contract extension, I think he's going to ask them to fire him so he can work out an agreement on buy out. Just speculation here, but lots of background info that I have from various sources make this a possibility.

What I don't know is how Murphy views him, and Thompson. That's going to have a lot to do with what happens.

Two candidates, Pete Carroll and our own Mike McCarthy.

Pete Carroll is the Occam's razor candidate - he is a notorious front runner, and he sees the strength of his team is deteriorating before his eyes and he doesn't want to be around when it implodes.

McCarthy makes sense for a couple reasons. One, all season long he has to not only coach the team but also be the public face of the GM as well, while TT hides in a corner avoiding accountability. MM gets paid well for the double duty but in tough seasons it has to burn him out. He's been here for a long time and I can see him wanting a break or a fresh start.

Two, the org structure with contracts is weird right now. TT's contract goes through the 2019 draft, MM's through the 2018 season. That means that TT either gives MM a contract extension after this year which would 1.) be weird coming off a losing season, and 2.) saddle the new GM with an old coach for some number of years, or TT makes him coach through a lame duck season, which you never EVER see with a coach of MM's tenure and pedigree.

If MM does want out after this year then Murphy really needs to move on TT sooner than his contract is up, for the reason mentioned above - would be strange to hire a new coach for 2018 season when you know the GM is leaving after the season and the new GM would presumably want to make his own hire.

It's been all Titletowns and pro-shops for Murphy these past years, but he's going to need to earn his money sooner than later.

AR is MMs meal ticket and it's being proven this year. MM move on to What? I know, if I'm a fan of another football team, I'm not clamoring for a Mike McCarthy to come and coach my team. The commentary of Rich Gannon and Kevin Harlan basically said the Ravens gave absolutely no respect to the Packers in any facet of their team. None. That says the team, as a whole, is not respected. Talent and coaching is lacking. No way MM leaves unless he's fired.

AR is MMs meal ticket and it's being proven this year. MM move on to What? I know, if I'm a fan of another football team, I'm not clamoring for a Mike McCarthy to come and coach my team. The commentary of Rich Gannon and Kevin Harlan basically said the Ravens gave absolutely no respect to the Packers in any facet of their team. None. That says the team, as a whole, is not respected. Talent and coaching is lacking. No way MM leaves unless he's fired.
Actually I always thought he fits college football better but seriously ....Browns would love to have him as would 2-3 other teams. He would make a bundle too.

Budman you'd be surprised. You can do a lot worse than MM. For all his faults he knows how to run a consistent program and I don't think he's ever lost a locker room. Some teams are a complete sh!t show when it comes to that stuff and he'd be a step up. I can see him stabilizing an org or program.

Back