Crease Creature's CFB Top 20 and Bottom 5 (week 3)

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can go here for last week's rankings. If you want to contribute, all you need to do is send me your top 20, no commentary needed.

Once more unto the breech dear friends!

1. Mississippi--It doesn't happen often that somebody vaults from unranked to #1, but all the other top teams struggled mightily. Ole Miss went on the road (unlike MSU and UG, who are also moving up this week) and beat our previous #1, and really cranked up the "Nick Saban to ________ next season" discussions. (Last: NR)
2. Michigan State--You took care of Air Force, and again, lots of other top teams struggled. I'll accept a comfortable 14 point victory. (Last: 4)
3. TCU--laid it on against inferior competition, but I'm hearing a lot of weird things about you guys right now. What's going on Coach P? (Last: 7)
4. LSU--style points. You destroyed Auburn, and the game wasn't as close as the final score indicates (21-45). I gave you consideration for a higher spot, but with what Auburn has done so far this season, I just can't. (Last: 9)
5. Ohio State--Top teams don't struggle against Northern Illinois (at least not this NIU team) at home. Is Cardale Jones showing signs of mental fatigue (of the infamous, "I didn't come to Ohio State to play school" quotes last year)? (last: 3)
6. Georgia--you finally played a real football team, and won convincingly! (Last: 11)
7. Notre Dame--Mark was right, I was wrong. GT fell apart the second they played a real team. ND gets a bump up this week. (last: 8)
8. UCLA--although you certainly gave BYU their now customary attempt at last second heroics (3 games in a row down to the last play, and the LDS can't drink? How many fingernails are left?), I have come to believe in you and your ridiculous freshman quarterback. (Last: 14)
9. Northwestern--I didn't forget about you, just a lot of other people had more impressive weekends. Holding on versus Duke has a very different meaning in this decade than in previous ones. (Last: 6)
10. Alabama--I didn't see what 'Bama did on offense, but I caught a lot of defensive letdowns. Not sure what happened this game, but the Tide probably got exposed enough to prevent them from being able to beat LSU. They'll crush Auburn, though. (last: 1)
11. Florida State--I believe BC gave you tons of trouble last year. Pitching the shutout is what gets you moved up this week. (last: 15)
12. Clemson--you and my beloved Pokes are flip-flopping this week, since you beat an actual opponent, even if it was just Louisville. (last: 13)
13. Oklahoma State--laid the wood to poor UT-San Antonio (which is where one of my teammates transferred after our last season together to be with his now wife, awwwwwe), which is great, hopefully you're all warmed up for when the real UT (ya know, Austin?) let's you into their house on Saturday (a friend from when I was there is visiting this weekend, so we'll have to find someplace with Fox Sports, and hopefully not see Colin Cowherd). (Last: 12)
14. Wisconsin--my two loves back to back. I am super bothered by the running game, but the o-line will keep coming back (last two coaching staffs did no favors for the depth there), and maybe Corey Clement will make it look better. Nice work by the guys that are in their right now. Stave continues to impress me. (last: 2)
15. University of Oklahoma--congrats, you beat Tulsa. The Golden Hurricane hung 38 on you, so don't get too excited. (Last: 17)
16. Texas A&M--the Aggies come back after not being included in last week's ranking. I just didn't think much of their week 2 performance compared to a lot of others. Weakness at this level of the poll lets them sneak in. (Last: NR)
17. Oregon--I'm not sure you guys will beat anybody from the South of your conference. (last: 19)
18. Baylor--didn't play, so it's not fair for me to move them. But what did you do that TCU is so pissed off at you, or vice versa? (Last: 18)
19. Georgia Tech--I'll say it again, I was wrong and Mark was right. They're not super great, but I do still like their chances in conference. And their offense, gets me every time. (last: 5)
20. Toledo--hey hey! Feel free to stick around fellas. I did almost drop you b/c your students rushed the field after you beat Iowa State (in double OT), but what the heck, that doesn't get to happen to often. Looking at your schedule, I honestly don't know if you'll be leaving this spot.

Newcomers: Mississippi, Texas A&M
Fell Out: USC*, BYU (so close!)
On the Radar: Arizona (we'll know next week), Utah
*USC doesn't get ridiculed for losing at home to Stanford, as I've said for two weeks they've been impressive against inferior competition, but it was difficult to tell just what they would do against a quality opponent. Now we know.

The Bottom Five:
124. Kansas--you guys can't get better if you don't play football. (Last: 125)
125. Auburn--what the heck is going on out there guys? (last: 124)
126. Missouri-- yeah, ranked teams don't score 9 points at home against UConn. I don't see how you were on more ballots this week than the one previous. (last: NR)
127. Arkanschadenfreudesas--Oh Bielema, you do have a big mouth don't ya? You guys lose by 11 to TT, and afterwards their coach talks about all this crap you were dishing at a TX HS football coaches conference? I'm not sure if you'll ever get off this part of the list. (last: 128)
128. Minnesota--boy, that Kent State team sure is a doozy. Somehow, 4 members of the media and 6 members of the coaches poll had you on their respective ballots.

Climbed out of the Pit: Arizona State
Welcome to HELL! Missouri

If you want to submit your own rankings, I'll take all the ones I get by Tuesday night and publish the community poll on Wednesday.

Let me know what you think! Did I leave somebody out? Was I too harsh on someone? Discuss!

GT offense will still give teams fits but a Good DC can prepare his team for it and shut them down. I also love that O and actually found a hybrid offense that makes it look mild(another post on that some other time)

Watched most of UConn and Missu... that was one of my last players SEC debut UConn QB Bryant Shirreffs, UConn really won that game. Score doesn't reflect it but they whipped Missu.

Overrated ~ Northwestern they will fall hard at some point and keep on falling. Playing way over their heads.

Underrated ~ Stanford(first loss was a fluke see above) and Tennessee is on the rise.

Good list CC thumbsupbr)

Back