Daniels, defensive line accepting no excuses

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Mike Daniels wasn’t making any excuses for the Green Bay Packers’ defensive line Thursday.

home

Continue reading...

Daniels has always spoken frankly and honestly during his tenure with the packers. I like his intensity and zeal for the game of football. I think he's one of the defensive leaders and I'm hoping that his intensity rubs off on his defensive teammates.

I appreciate a lot about Daniels, but I sometimes wonder if he's put his money where his mouth is, is walking the walk in addition to talking the talk, that sort of thing. When anyone else starts fearing our DLine, maybe I'll be more receptive to the rah-rah approach.

I realize it's only one game, they won anyhow, maybe it was the supporting cast, et. al., but after yesterday's performance (non-performance?) is the concern about retaining him somewhat overblown?

I hear what you are saying, half. I say we see how the rest of the season goes with him but yeah yesterday was crap for him and the whole defense.

Our whole d-line sucks right now.

Yesterday's effort by the DL was bad, Daniels included. But the body of work over his whole career is worth keeping. He's been good against the run and has shown the ability to get after the QB. He hurt his ankle a couple weeks ago and those injuries can nag and really slow down a 300+lb guy so I want to see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Yesterday's effort by the DL was bad, Daniels included. But the body of work over his whole career is worth keeping. He's been good against the run and has shown the ability to get after the QB. He hurt his ankle a couple weeks ago and those injuries can nag and really slow down a 300+lb guy so I want to see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Semantics and subjectivity rear their ugly heads constantly in sports forums. What you said (highlighted) is absolutely true. Change that to 'essential' or the like, and we've got a discussion. Change it to 'worth keeping for $10mil/year, and we've got a discussion. Is he a difference-maker? If so, is he worth as much to the Pack as (list the highest-paid DL) is to their team?

He's not in the same stratosphere as the highest paid DL in the league - Suh, Watt, Dareus. But Cam Heyward of the Steelers has comparable numbers to Daniels even though Heyward has played a year longer, and he got $15m guaranteed and averages just less than $10m per year.

Like it or not, for a 3-4 DE who gets between 6-8 sacks per year that seems to be the going rate in the league even if it sounds high to you and me.

Memo to entire Green Bay defensive line -

Shut up. Please, just shut up. Stop insulting your fans with these constant public statements about how much better you're going to play someday in the future, or how hard you're all going to try someday real soon, or how good you'd be if you weren't so bad. Just... shut up.

Shut up and play the damned game. Nobody's listening to anything any of you say anymore.

God, i wish there were some Packer player reading this board who'd post that in the locker room or something.

I have to agree with Frozen. Talk is CHEAP! Enough already. Pick up your game and the talk will be a lot more palatable.

I will say this, however. Guion and Jones hurt the Dline way more than the guys who were there and played. Those guys better come out playin' some inspired football. Their collective stupidity hurt their team. rt(

Last edited:
Back