Daniels, defensive line accepting no excuses

I have to agree with Frozen. Talk is CHEAP! Enough already. Pick up your game and the talk will be a kot more palatable.

I will say this, however. Guion and Jones hurt the Dline way more than the guys who were there and played. Those guys better come out playin' some inspired football. Their collective stupidity hurt their team. rt(

What state is our defense in when we are waiting for the stoners to come back and inject some life!

Can anyone in the front seven shed a block? We seem to be covered in flypaper!

To me, this is a prime example of a team taking its example from their coach. This is the same thing that chaps my hide the most about McCarthy - his constant promises to fix the same damned things that never - year after year after year - ever get fixed. "We're gonna get that fixed." We're gonna hold people accountable." "We're not going to accept any excuses anymore." "From now on, everyone's accountable, including me." And it's all a bunch of crap, every damned word of it.

McCarthy's one of those people who can't seem to understand that there's a difference between promising to do something, and actually doing it. For years, it's been the same pattern - he keeps promising to get this fixed, and get that fixed, and on and on and on, and nothing ever gets done, because as far as he's concerned making the promise is the same as keeping it. And the suck-up Wisconsin media lets him get away with it.

To me, this is the same thing his players are doing. They see Coach getting away with it, and they see Coach not holding them accountable, and they figure, hey - we can just do the same thing. Keep making promises, and nobody will ever notice that we're not keeping them. Next week, we'll just make the same promises again, and we'll get away with it again.

And I call BS. I don't listen to a word that comes out of that organization anymore, because they're just full of crap. Do your damned talking on the field; don't hand me that crap in the press conferences anymore. As an organization, you have zero credibility with me.

I have to agree, Frozen. To me, it all goes to Murphy and Ted. Never any accountability.

However, once they get that pad level fixed.....look out!!! ;)

So a MM press conference after a game like that should go how? What do you want MM to say?

And I call BS. I don't listen to a word that comes out of that organization anymore, because they're just full of crap. Do your damned talking on the field; don't hand me that crap in the press conferences anymore. As an organization, you have zero credibility with me.

I don't think this is exclusive to the Packers. I live in the Twin Cities and the amount of media a$$ kissing reaches new levels up here. To my point though,

This organization is the most transparent Franchise the NFL has. They're credibility is out there every day. Now you may have an issue with the cliches you hear every week, but for a perennial playoff team- what do you want them to say?

You really can't rant n rave, that's the domain of teams trying to just make the playoffs. I grant you that we've heard the same platitudes about our defense for years now, but what should be said that they, or we, haven't already said? I would love to hear this from TT (but we never will): " I haven't been able to solve our defensive line woes with the draft so I will start to pay big bucks for PROVEN DL help." That's what I'd like to hear, but doubt that is around the corner. IMO

So a MM press conference after a game like that should go how? What do you want MM to say?

What do I care what he says? That's not the point.

The point is, whatever he says he's going to do, I want him to actually follow through and do it. I'm sick and tired of how many times he makes promises and then just blows it off. If you say you're going to fix something, then fix it. If you don't intend to fix it, or do not know how, then stop making promises you're not going to keep. If you say you're going to start holding people accountable, then start holding people accountable - if you don't have the balls to do it, then stop running your mouth. Show pictures of your kids or something - I don't really care, as long as you're not standing there making promises you have no intention to keep, or no clue how to keep them.

I'm just tired of the same old talk, talk, talk, and then on game day everything is exactly the same as it was last week. Year after year after year, he makes the same mistakes and never learns a damned thing from them, and I do not respect that in a leader - or trust a leader who does that.

Well, they did cut Bostick after the NFCC. Also, I don't want to see pics of MM's kids. So I'll go along with, 'tired of the talk, do something about it.'

Back