Davante Traded!?

I’ll give it regular season games. Pre season is very vanilla and probably won’t have 12 throwing to him
With Cobb playing the slot how much time in regular season will he even get

With Cobb playing the slot how much time in regular season will he even get
Depends how he picks up the offense. My point is I’m not going to make some broad assumptions based on camp and a couple of pre season games

You might see some teams cut bait on some veteran WR’s after the draft that could help the pool of available SFA’s.
Plus, after June 1st they can sign a FA and it doesn’t count against 2023 comp picks.
It might mean better talent at cheaper prices than what’s available at the moment.

A few personal observations.

I believe Amari Rodgers is going to get a lot more time on the field than most people think. If nothing else, running decoy routes, to acclimate himself to the offense, in different positions, outside the slot. He'll also get time in the slot, and be a target nearly as often as Cobb. By the end of the year, probably more.

Davante Adams is not going to have a year that resembles the better years he's had with Rodgers. He's capable of producing them, but it will take a few games for them to get in tune, with their game. Also, he's going to find out that Rodgers was one of the best QBs in the league when it came to not throwing his receivers into trouble. He's going to take a few licks.

The Packers offense may sputter a little bit at times, but rest assured, they're going to move the ball. It might not be in as big of chunks as it was with Adams, but they'll be moving the ball.

The offensive line will be fine. We hear how they're in trouble every year. LeFleur and Rodgers aren't going to let the defenses dominate them. They both have tools at their disposal to make that not happen. LeFleur, with play design and game planning, and Rodgers, through everything from deception prior to the play to finding early targets.

Defense. I think they're going to be fine. They should be in the top 15 in the league, and that's good enough, as long as they don't give up easy scores. Not a bend but don't break defense, but an eye on the ability to stop the long scores, and limit chunk plays.

Special Teams have been a nightmare because of neglect. I think those days are over. Apparently the Packers saw something I alluded to for quite some time about the placement of the ball in XP and FG attempts. An inch or two in any direction changes everything about the kick. We're going to have a new punter/holder in house. I'd also suggest to LeFleur that they take a player or two who is deep on the roster to work at becoming the replacement holder in case of an injury. As for long snapper, the jury is still out. There could be good ju-ju between the snapper and holder. We're going to find out. As far as returns, and coverage teams, they both need to improve. The Packers need to find a few deep guys on the roster who want to stay there, and realize their only chance until they learn the game, is on coverage and return teams.

Coaching. The Packers need stronger fall back plans on both offense and defense, when their original game plan is being destroyed. They've shown they can do it, now it has to be baked into every game plan.

Major issue rookie or vet WR we will likley need them to be able to play on ST and actually help not just stink the joint up

Lazard, Winfrey, Rodgers, Cobb, Taylor. Good enough, not great.

I do expect them to grab a rookie or two and a veteran.

Lazard, Winfrey, Rodgers, Cobb, Taylor. Good enough, not great.

I do expect them to grab a rookie or two and a veteran.
I think it's not good at all below average way below

Back