Fear the Deer

Milwaukee will let other teams shoot 3's at will. That's how the Bucks get beat if the other team is hot at them they lose the game. Last month Denver beat them I think when they hit about 50% from 3.

Milwaukee will let other teams shoot 3's at will. That's how the Bucks get beat if the other team is hot at them they lose the game. Last month Denver beat them I think when they hit about 50% from 3.
yep that’s the team philosophy on D...but like Miami game Bucks from 3 was awful. Not just a defense issue

Last edited:
You got to give something out there. The Bucks D is still considered decent.

You got to give something out there. The Bucks D is still considered decent.
The issues at times has been slow rotations around the perimeter and guys get open looks. Paint defense is really good. No panic, but last 2 games offense has been far from crisp. I get Middleton was out v Charlotte but ball movement vs Miami was not crisp

A bit of perspective
They are 18-8 this season when opponents make 15 or more 3's on 35+ attempts.

They're 9-6 when opponents make over 40% of their threes in those games.

Losing a game now and then is a character builder. It makes you realize that you're not perfect, so keep working to get better.

The Bucks are probably the best defensive team in the league. They play exceptionally good defense inside the 3 line. To do that, you are going to be susceptible to the 3 shots. Teams need to be on the money on a given night, and the Bucks off, for them to have a shot at beating us with it.

After what happened last year, rest assured, Bud is not interested in seeing a repeat, and neither are the returning players.

What I thought was interesting is that the Lakers, according to odds makers, is favored, and the Bucks are second on the list. As good as the Lakers are, they aren't in the same zip code as the Bucks, in my opinion.

In the NBA there are some losses that are referred to as schedule losses....road game on end of back to back games. Thats just was much as what happened in Miami as how the Heat shot. Over 82 games things like that happen.

I don't worry about odds from Vegas too much, just the nature of the book pushing money to the house side. What I do worry about with LA is matchups. Davis on Giannis and James on Middleton are both difficult. The addition of Morris really helps LA and Kuzma is healthy now and gives them a 3rd scorer, and Pope is really streaky but when he is good he is very good. Playoff hoops is a different animal

bucks lose to lakers, but even worse giannis may have major injury. what a shame if the best season they've ever had ends this way.

bucks lose to lakers, but even worse giannis may have major injury. what a shame if the best season they've ever had ends this way.
What major injury? Precautionary MRI and is listed tonight as doubtful with left knee soreness. Loss to LA was nothing to be ashamed of.

i'm talking about a possibility of a major knee injury. that's why i used the word "may".

Back