Free Agents and Player Releases in 2021

Also if team is planning on moving on after 2021 You likely keep Rodgers as what he's at not to add to the dead cap hit after you move on.
I don’t think the cap matters much after 2021. Big increases so you can absorb more pain

• Amos and Wagner I could see going
  • P Smith is an enigma, his career is inconsistent but man when he’s good he’s really good
  • Turner and Kirskey would all come down to can you get an adequate replacement
  • Gut feeling but I don’t think Jones stays
  • I think they would love to keep Bak the market will dictate it. 50/50
I was down for awhile P Smith, but have to look at bigger picture....

The real problem with this Defense is the DC along with ignoring DL and ILB trough draft or FA. We have Clark on DL and then a bunch of ham and eggers as Madden used to say.

Back to P Smith. He's suppose to a pass rusher correct? Then why is being used as a pass defender so much?

Aa far as I remember we signed the Smiths to rush the passer, not to pass coverage.

That said,am still on the fence on keeping him or cap casualty.

I keep Amos. Maybe in minority,but again it's how you play him. He seems to be much better playing closer to the line.

The real problem w our defense as most know starts with the DC.

Sorry Pack just combined other thoughts here in the reply :)

I really like Jones. However my biggest concern with paying him a big contract is Health. Last year was the only season he didn't miss time due to injury. For that reason alone I let him go amongst what the rest of you have said.

Unfortunately think Williams has played his way into a bigger money deal then what some here think.

Baht is now highest paid OL but it's somewhat cap friendly until 2022 when most think Rodgers will be gone.

Using Spotrac we have 37 players on roster for 2021 with being projected to be $18 million over the cap. If you cut Amos, Wagner, Lowery, Kirksey, St. Brown, and Preston Smith it puts you about $8.8 million under the cap. Even that is unlikely going to allow you to sign you entire FA class and fill out the roster with low priced players without redoing deals to say signing and extending Adams.

Back