Free Agents and Player Releases in 2021

You could also give Bak a new deal and tag Jones. Give him another year.
I would lean the opposite. You drafted Dillon and it’s a nice deep RB class. I get Jones’s value but at $13m approx that’s a bit rich. Hate to say it but the position is a commodity depend how you value it

• Amos and Wagner I could see going
  • P Smith is an enigma, his career is inconsistent but man when he’s good he’s really good
  • Turner and Kirskey would all come down to can you get an adequate replacement
  • Gut feeling but I don’t think Jones stays
  • I think they would love to keep Bak the market will dictate it. 50/50

i get what you are saying on p smith, but gary might be a reasonable replacement.

can't see hanging onto kirksey. what's an adequate replacement for a guy who plays three games a year? barnes is playing pretty well and went undrafted. just gotta find one more that plays better than summers and burks. turner's okay, but is he worth what we are paying?

i get what you are saying on p smith, but gary might be a reasonable replacement.

can't see hanging onto kirksey. what's an adequate replacement for a guy who plays three games a year? barnes is playing pretty well and went undrafted. just gotta find one more that plays better than summers and burks. turner's okay, but is he worth what we are paying?
I just don’t see Gary as a long term answer at DE/LB. Inside I think he could be explosive, not dominate but assume you go 4-3 use him inside with Clark.

Go 4-3 would it make sense to use DL as Gary-Keke-Clark-Preston Smith Then LB go Z Smith-Byers/Martin-?

Also cut Lowry he's not worth keeping at what he makes.

Go 4-3 would it make sense to use DL as Gary-Keke-Clark-Preston Smith Then LB go Z Smith-Byers/Martin-?

Also cut Lowry he's not worth keeping at what he makes.
P Smith with his had in the dirt? No

Of the guys discussed, I'd keep ZSMith, Turner and Adams. The remaining cuts will allow you to keep BahkT. Wagner can be replaced with a rookie. Kirksey has essentially already been replaced and Amos is just not living up to his deal.

I think unfortunately Jones needs to find that next contract elsewhere. There just isn't money for him with next year's likely tight CAP. Re-sign Jamaal Williams for a reasonable deal and draft a guy as your new #3.

I think unfortunately Jones needs to find that next contract elsewhere. There just isn't money for him with next year's likely tight CAP. Re-sign Jamaal Williams for a reasonable deal and draft a guy as your new #3.

sad, but probably true. but i wonder just how "reasonable" williams will be.

Back