Getting closer, or is it?

I wonder how big the rosters will be? They could end up with 30 or more guys on the practice squad. Maybe 15 of them locked in, so they can't leave? Possibly adding spots on the regular roster as well? Maybe 65 or 70?

It's obvious they're going to end up with a lot of players on the illness list as the season goes along. It will be a first, that's for sure.

Who knows? We could have a vaccine that works by then. We can hope and pray for it.

any changes to the roster size would have to be collectively bargained and there is already some issues with the cap / revenue due to possible issues with limited fans in the stands, not as simple as saying lets add 10-15 spots. Just a guess, roster exemptions and/or expand PS. Its only June so a long runway until kickoff so what we know now and wha we know in August will be different

Players going to be miffed they signed that deal when cap is likely to be flat for a little while

Players going to be miffed they signed that deal when cap is likely to be flat for a little while
Players are actually going to have to give money back if they don't want the cap to go negative next year.

Players are actually going to have to give money back if they don't want the cap to go negative next year.
Don’t think that happens. They will “borrow” from future years and when new TV deals kick in. Thing is not sure what those deals will look like. The market is not good right now

Don’t think that happens. They will “borrow” from future years and when new TV deals kick in. Thing is not sure what those deals will look like. The market is not good right now

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. New TV deals are up soon and who knows what that will look like. I was thinking about Goodell's 180 on the player-social justice nexus that has popped up again, I wonder if he's now so lax partly because he knows the owners just whipped the players again on money so give them what they want on this other stuff.

Thing is I think Networks have some leverage right now with NFL on new TV deals. Used to be the networks would bend over and just ask what the NFL wants and give it to them.

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at. New TV deals are up soon and who knows what that will look like. I was thinking about Goodell's 180 on the player-social justice nexus that has popped up again, I wonder if he's now so lax partly because he knows the owners just whipped the players again on money so give them what they want on this other stuff.
I thought it was interesting that no owner made any comments before or after the commish statement on the social justice issue.

He (Goodell) is usually more calculated and in lock step with ownership. A bit unusual

Back