Hello...

Hi y'all! The crazy Finn from packersnews.net and FF here. Thank you for the hearty welcomes.

I just felt that there's something you need to consider and discuss before welcoming all of us from PN.net: Packersnews.net has been a super active forum. The quality of posters is definitely many notches up from FF, so you'd gain a lot of good debaters.

The problem for you would be that there are so many of us.

I fear that if we all migrate here, it will feel like a tsunami of new posters or a benign foreign invasion force to you guys. You'd inevitably (at least temporarily) lose some of the ownership and community feeling you have on this forum. It would probably end up being a better forum in the long run, but mos def not the same.

We are still trying to resurrect the PN.net, and nothing has been decided. I just thought it would be fair to give y'all a heads up at the negative side of things, if we were to end up here.

Hi y'all! The crazy Finn from packersnews.net and FF here. Thank you for the hearty welcomes.

I just felt that there's something you need to consider and discuss before welcoming all of us from PN.net: Packersnews.net has been a super active forum. The quality of posters is definitely many notches up from FF, so you'd gain a lot of good debaters.

The problem for you would be that there are so many of us.

I fear that if we all migrate here, it will feel like a tsunami of new posters or a benign foreign invasion force to you guys. You'd inevitably (at least temporarily) lose some of the ownership and community feeling you have on this forum. It would probably end up being a better forum in the long run, but mos def not the same.

We are still trying to resurrect the PN.net, and nothing has been decided. I just thought it would be fair to give y'all a heads up at the negative side of things, if we were to end up here.

Hey salmar80 ! You will find that this bunch is not as defensive as other forums. Through the years we have gathered others like that. We went through the same thing as you about 2 years ago.

I don't think anyone here would have a huge issue with adding 50-60 posters at all. In reality no matter what you do you end up losing a % of people for a variety of reasons. Even if you rebuild your old site people just don't like change and won't flip.

I can tell you that Mark has always made sure even in down time we have an alternate forum and that our community has a lot of fun talking not just Packers but life in general.

My advice to all those reading this at PN.net... sign up and post for a couple weeks. At the worst you all have a place to meet if your other site goes down again ? Doesn't cost anyone a cent for a piece of mind.

The more the merrier. This is a great site and the people are great.

Welcome.

Hey guys, packersnews.net refugee here too. Will make this my new home in the meantime. Was convulsing without my daily Packers read and talk. 68 has posted on our site for a while, I've been there since 2005 between the two forums. As I typed that I realized that's 11 years already...wow...

Back