History Repeated/ From Here Now

good lord. just how many wrs do you envision on the team this year? six would be the max imho. and with a reduced focus on passing, it may well be five - especially if we get a decent tight end.
Yeah exactly. If you keep 6-7 WR on the roster then you really have none, or 1 max.

Yeah exactly. If you keep 6-7 WR on the roster then you really have none, or 1 max.
I don't know if they will go pick up a TE. they might just go with DeGuara until Tonyan comes back

I don't know if they will go pick up a TE. they might just go with DeGuara until Tonyan comes back
TE is like WR. We got guys that can play, but they're not all stars.

They need a speed guy.

They need a speed guy.
TE are like WR ? Got it. No we need a WR who can run a route tree and get separation

I don't know what my stalker said, (blocked) but he usually follows me around and tries to contradict my declarative sentences, so...

They need a speed guy.
For ML’s offense to look and operate the way he wants/envisions it he needs (1) WR’s that can block and bully DB’s in the run game as well as function in the passing game, (2) as well as a WR who has the speed to threaten deep to keep defenses from loading the box to stop the run and interfere with short/intermediate passing game, and finally (3) he needs a TE that can both function in the run game as well as passing game (a Combo TE) so that the offense can line up with the same personnel in the same formation, but run multiple plays, both run & pass, from that same group/formation.

So we don’t need “just” a fast WR who can take the top off a defense. They need much more than that.

For ML’s offense to look and operate the way he wants/envisions it he needs (1) WR’s that can block and bully DB’s in the run game as well as function in the passing game, (2) as well as a WR who has the speed to threaten deep to keep defenses from loading the box to stop the run and interfere with short/intermediate passing game, and finally (3) he needs a TE that can both function in the run game as well as passing game (a Combo TE) so that the offense can line up with the same personnel in the same formation, but run multiple plays, both run & pass, from that same group/formation.

So we don’t need “just” a fast WR who can take the top off a defense. They need much more than that.
Looking at DeGuara to progress in year 3. Lotta TEs come into their own in year 3. It'd be nice, he hasn't been where I want him to be yet.

Looking at DeGuara to progress in year 3. Lotta TEs come into their own in year 3. It'd be nice, he hasn't been where I want him to be yet.
He has a role in this offense, but it’s not as the primary (combo type) TE.
He’s an H-back, basically.
He fills a role similar to SF Kyle Juszczyk

Back