If it's not MM and staff then Why?.....

Terranimal

Reaction score
If not this coaching staff then why did Zombo end up playing for Reid and the Chiefs?

Why did Giacomi end up starting for Belechich after here and Guy Lawrence playing a role on the D Line?

Barbre ended up playing for another team(forget who).

Tretter starting for Bengals. Hayward became a PB on Chargers. Hyde I think is on Bills?

There are other players as well and some of these were cap decisions. The first group was more of the point of failed draft and develop.

2 years ago Rogers had one of the best O Lines. This year he's been sacked 33 times as if the beginning of last night's Vike game. The interior is porus. What was once a strength is now a big time weakness. Letting Tretter, Lang and Sitton go was a mistake at the time. Yes Sitton is out hurt this year and Lang is saying will retire at end of season. But look what since their departure, AR out on IR last year and 33 sacks this year.

I might accept that couldn't keep both Lang and Sitton for cap reasons, but should have kept Lang.

Personally I liked Tretter better then Lindsey. Plus he played all along the OL. And what are people here saying? We need an OL that can play more then one position, when we had one. The talent level has taken a step backwards.

Seems the coaching staff on the Defensive side is doing better then their Offensive counter parts in having players ready. With number 1 CB out, #1 Safety traded, Whitehead cut, and now all the injuries yet held Vikings to 24 points.

The talk about AR not having weapons like he used to carries a little bit of weight.

However, Brees is on a roll throwing to 4 undrafted free agents WRs.

It's MM and his staff's jobs to have these guys ready and to call plays to build their confidence and best chance at completions. We used to rely on short passes and players making yards after the catch. Now seems like always long balls. That can't be all on AR.

Then does this make sense? Kumerow has been cleared and ready to play. The 6,3 WR has nfl bloodlines, speed, and was the darling of TC and pre season that caught everything that came his way. Why hasn't he been activated when then Offense needs all the help it can get?

Animal,

I agree on some points.

We should have kept Tretter. No doubt. But I think Lang and Sitton were the right decision. The problem was not releasing them it was not replacing them. That is where TT screwed up. You protect your biggest asset and TT failed to do so.

I think these offensive issues are a combination of a lot of things. Is MM a boob? (Got that from RP in one of the other threads. :)) Yes, he is and he is not getting it done. His coaching staff has not put players in the position to succeed and we have released multiples players that could have helped us. Is TT an inconsistent GM? Yes, he is. The last 5 drafts have been crap and we have not restocked the o-line, WR's or the D. Is AR looking for the big play too much as well as yippy from his injuries? Yes, he is. He does not trust his WR's or his o-line. Big problem.

All these things are the reason we are where we are at. As we many of us have said, we need to clean house on the coaching staff as well as all the dead weight players. It will take 2 or 3 more years to get the ship completely righted. And that is if we draft well and pick the right HC. Sigh....we will see.

Then does this make sense? Kumerow has been cleared and ready to play. The 6,3 WR has nfl bloodlines, speed, and was the darling of TC and pre season that caught everything that came his way. Why hasn't he been activated when then Offense needs all the help it can get?

Speed and darling of training camp and pre season.....oh sorry thought you were talking about Janis

Forget the wins or losses etcc... The most telling sign it's largely coaching is the complete lack of fire and passion. The Packers used to have a killer personality. Now they're just some random guys playing football on the weekend. You can also pin that on the vets. Cause if you're a young kid and try to fire things up you get shipped out of town.

I also saw Chris Banjo was playing for KC right now too.

Forget the wins or losses etcc... The most telling sign it's largely coaching is the complete lack of fire and passion. The Packers used to have a killer personality. Now they're just some random guys playing football on the weekend. You can also pin that on the vets. Cause if you're a young kid and try to fire things up you get shipped out of town.

I agree - the lack of passion (especially in the 2nd half), and all of the mental mistakes - that's on coaching. As I've said before, physical mistakes will happen - mental mistakes happen when players are not sure about what they are supposed to do. Yes, I get that because of injuries we've had to put younger, inexperienced players on the field - and that's coaches as well as the GM.

I know Mark has mentioned it in the past and I have touched on it but what you are talking about yes is partially coaching but more of a lack of locker room leadership and chemistry. Some guys have more talent but they make the locker room jell to create that "fire and passion". Favre was that kind of guy, Rodgers is not. Woodson was that type of guy Matthews is not. Leader does not bitch in public like Randall, they keep it in the locker room and figure it out. I not saying he was right or wrong just ways about doing your business. New England always talks about do your job. Part of that is player accountability and if you are not, a vet makes sure you understand your job. Talent wins but so does chemistry.

Back