Imagine a salary cap reduction

I have this sneaking suspicion that no matter how much people try to control the future with the games, Amazon is going to be right there, with a piece of the action. They have really solidified a foothold in markets.
my bet is Apple. They need content for Apple TV and clearly they have the cash to make it work. Watch the game on your phone/ tablet / laptop, and from a tech POV they are clearly king. Not counting out Amazon at all but Disney has 2 things going for it also, the ability to use the Disney + app and also ESPN with ESPN+. Amazon would need more scale to make it work but Prime would work but does it expand the Prime subscription base enough to offset the cost and / or drive ad revenue? thats the question

This could get worse than DirecTV.

I have this sneaking suspicion that no matter how much people try to control the future with the games, Amazon is going to be right there, with a piece of the action. They have really solidified a foothold in markets.
Let's say some point in future Seahawks are put up for sale by Allen family. Bezos being a Seattle guy want's to buy them. How much conflict of interest is there with Amzon holding any streaming rights and him being a owner is there.

Let's say some point in future Seahawks are put up for sale by Allen family. Bezos being a Seattle guy want's to buy them. How much conflict of interest is there with Amzon holding any streaming rights and him being a owner is there.

It's one of those things that they'll have to test if the time comes. It is an interesting point. Bezos could buy the entire NFL with the money he has. Of course, GB would be the lone team not his. :D

I would assume in ownership bylaws this is addressed. My guess it’s a no go

I would assume in ownership bylaws this is addressed. My guess it’s a no go
Which way would Bezos go? That would be the question. He don't need money. He could use the Hawks like they were a box of legos.

So report out NFL owners want to take a loss over two years. NFLPA wants it over 10 years. Right now if no agreement by start of TC could have a viritual TC. NFL owners will meet via zoom today at 12:30 to get updates.

Which way would Bezos go? That would be the question. He don't need money. He could use the Hawks like they were a box of legos.
Just me but he keeps Amazon.

So report out NFL owners want to take a loss over two years. NFLPA wants it over 10 years. Right now if no agreement by start of TC could have a viritual TC. NFL owners will meet via zoom today at 12:30 to get updates.
Why this is even an issue is beyond me.

Why this is even an issue is beyond me.

Because NFL owners are business men they want to take a loss of revnue off the books as quick as they can they don't want that loss on the books for a decade.

Back