Insider: Thumbs up to White, down to Mandell

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Observations from Thursday's Packers training camp practice

home

Continue reading...

"Defensively, the Packers have told Goodson he’ll strictly be working on the outside." yeah. the outside of lambeau. hawking t-shirts.

Yep TT blew it last year keeping no talent Goodson over Rolle.

Low on the depth chart listed as "other" at LCB. nothing special

yeah, okay. he's not a starter. but he played in 10 of the 12 games that he was available to play for the texans last year and in limited action had three interceptions and seven passes broken up in addition to 19 tackles. so maybe he isn't all-pro. he was a heck of a lot better than the guy we kept.

and in case you are wondering, nobody on the packers team had more interceptions than the part-time jumal rolle had for the texans. he was also tied with two other texans for the most interceptions on their team.

Last edited:
Keeping Goodson over Rolle reeked of draft ego to me. 'I drafted this guy, so he's the keeper.' I agree with Realitybites. I would much rather the Packers kept Rolle. He looked much better than Goodson to me. And I live in Spokane, home of Gonzaga! :D

yeah, okay. he's not a starter. but he played in 10 of the 12 games that he was available to play for the texans last year and in limited action had three interceptions and seven passes broken up in addition to 19 tackles. so maybe he isn't all-pro. he was a heck of a lot better than the guy we kept.

and in case you are wondering, nobody on the packers team had more interceptions than the part-time jumal rolle had for the texans. he was also tied with two other texans for the most interceptions on their team.

This.. Rolle showed at least something last year in real game situations. Unlike some others who were bragging about what happened in practice.

Rolle would never have seen that much play time here. This isn't nearly the defining choice TT has made in the last ten years....... Neither guy is expected to make their teams roster this year.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Dimitri Goodson is not the worst pick in last year's draft. That we drafted Khyri Thornton in the 3rd round and the guy will not see regular season playing time for this team not due to injury, but because he flat out cannot play.

Back