Insider: Thumbs up to White, down to Mandell

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Dimitri Goodson is not the worst pick in last year's draft. That we drafted Khyri Thornton in the 3rd round and the guy will not see regular season playing time for this team not due to injury, but because he flat out cannot play.

okay, you're right. both picks were horrible. thornton is worse because he was a higher pick. to be honest, tt is vastly overrated in my opinion.

I'd trade him for Schneider in a heartbeat. I think Aaron makes Ted look a lot better than he is. Look how they play when Rodgers gets hurt. Aaron makes all the difference in the world. We're fortunate to have him. Not so fortunate to have Thornton... ;)

thompson is guaranteed to have one or two absolute bonehead picks each year. and his track record of picking defensive linemen has to be among the worst in the league.

Schneider is one but he is in cap hell. He has his work cut out for him in the near future.

thompson is guaranteed to have one or two absolute bonehead picks each year. and his track record of picking defensive linemen has to be among the worst in the league.
Every GM has one or two bonehead picks every year. There are no guarantees.

Every GM has one or two bonehead picks every year. There are no guarantees.

true... draft is a crapshoot. but TT does have a really hard time putting together a dline...

hoping this year is different..

maybe with Raji playing it will take pressure off Guion and he'll get better..

Schneider is one but he is in cap hell. He has his work cut out for him in the near future.

I don't pretend to know who's important to them and would appreciate a broad-brush explanation of their cap situation. From what I see, they're about $5mil under right now, including about $10mil in dead money that won't be an issue in 2016 (at least not the same guys). Many UFAs next year, but how many of them are significant? I'd love to see them in cap hell, but I don't see, at this point, where that's coming from.

I don't pretend to know who's important to them and would appreciate a broad-brush explanation of their cap situation. From what I see, they're about $5mil under right now, including about $10mil in dead money that won't be an issue in 2016 (at least not the same guys). Many UFAs next year, but how many of them are significant? I'd love to see them in cap hell, but I don't see, at this point, where that's coming from.

yeah, if they didn't have the $7.2 million in dead money from percy harvin, they would actually be in better shape than the packers. next year there's only $2k in dead money. but they do have several big money players who become free agents next year. okung, mebane and irvin are the biggest ones.

Back