Is the Packers defense for real?

When you give up 5+ ypc you are nowhere close to being "for real". That doesn't just cover tonight's miserable showing against the run but basically the entire season had been kinda like this. If they play like this against Dallas, Zeke is gonna put up a monster game and the final won't be close. They gotta show up better against the run.

Bad game.

That non DPI on 83 cost us. Not taking the 3 on the second last drive cost us. Then a tipped INT.

Defense played well enough to win. Run defense will be proven or disproven against Ezekiel Elliot. They held up pretty well against Dalvin, thanks to two gimme INTs, one of which was dropped by Jaire.

Pettine will have a plan. More worried about the offense without Davante, Bulaga, Williams...

Bad game.

That non DPI on 83 cost us. Not taking the 3 on the second last drive cost us. Then a tipped INT.

Defense played well enough to win. Run defense will be proven or disproven against Ezekiel Elliot. They held up pretty well against Dalvin, thanks to two gimme INTs, one of which was dropped by Jaire.

Pettine will have a plan. More worried about the offense without Davante, Bulaga, Williams...

The run defense has been awful all year and gives up plays in chunks. Cook ripped of the long run and it he does not trip over his own OL he as another 20+ TD run. The only way this D survives if it gets pressure and / or force TO's. And a good QB will exploit this D and look who is coming up? Dak, Stafford Mahomes, Rivers

Pettine may need to adjust his defense here. They want to be aggressive but they were just getting washed up field leaving gaping holes to run through. Against these QBs coming up you have to make them one dimensional, you can't allow Dallas to have easy playaction because you'll get killed. Control the run and make them throw in long down and distance against that secondary you invested heavily in.

I'm not certain we'll ever stop a running game. As soon as the Eagles figured out that Pettine was counting on Martinez to make all the tackles, they'd put pads on him to keep him away from the ball carriers.

I'm not totally sold on this defense. I've never been a true fan of the 3-4.

This is my concern with Pettine. He seems to not focus on run D. It is all about the pass and it shows on our D. We are 5th in passing defense and like 30th in run D. Probably dead last now. You can see it in the games. The players do not have gap control. They are pushing up field and get pushed out of their gap and then you have these huge holes for the RB's. Unless Pettine starts to focus on this, we will continue to see it. We will need TO's on D or give up 30 points every game.

I'm not certain we'll ever stop a running game. As soon as the Eagles figured out that Pettine was counting on Martinez to make all the tackles, they'd put pads on him to keep him away from the ball carriers.

I'm not totally sold on this defense. I've never been a true fan of the 3-4.
well yes and no. Some of those lanes and gaps were so wide Raji could have gained 5 yds per carry and it not just this week but Minny and Denver had success. entire front 7 was exposed a bit

The run defense has been awful all year and gives up plays in chunks. Cook ripped of the long run and it he does not trip over his own OL he as another 20+ TD run. The only way this D survives if it gets pressure and / or force TO's. And a good QB will exploit this D and look who is coming up? Dak, Stafford Mahomes, Rivers
Pettine will have an answer. Hopefully it will the a good answer.

More worried about the offense right now.

Back