It IS Jordan Love Time !!

Is not McAfee the guy who was riding Rodgers junk so hard he was saying GB was going to be nothing without him?
when a 4x nfl mvp agrees to come on your show every week, you're going to ride that gravy train for all it's worth.

edit: it is very encouraging to see him talking glowingly of jordan love. i think we may have something good going here.

Inside Jordan Love Game 1 from SI

It’s Week 1, and it was about two and a half quarters in, so Matt LaFleur was at the point most coaches are, still learning about his Packers’ strengths and weaknesses, which buttons to push and which to lay off. Which led to a moment of indecision with 6:34 left in the third quarter and Green Bay up 17–6 in Chicago.

His first-year starting quarterback, Jordan Love, had just scrambled for nine yards to turn a third-and-12 into fourth-and-3 at the Bears’ 35. He could have just send the field goal team out for a 53-yarder to push the lead to 14, though that was another spot where he was breaking in a new starter after moving on from another forever Packer, kicker Mason Crosby. So he went to Love and asked him, “Do you wanna go for it?”

“Yeah,” Love responded, without missing a beat.
Just then, safety Darnell Savage, eavesdropping on the conversation, screamed at LaFleur, “We got you, Coach!”

“I was like, All right, f--- it. Let's go for it,” LaFleur said over his cell a couple hours later, as the Packers’ team bus made its way to the airport for the short trip home Sunday. “We ended up calling a timeout on the play because I didn’t like our play initially. We wanted to take a peek at what I thought was coming. So we called the timeout. And I was like, You know what? F--- it. Let’s try to go to our best player.”

And on this Sunday, for the first time in his five seasons as Packers coach, LaFleur wasn’t referencing the quarterback when he said that. And it was more than just O.K. It was actually optimal.

LaFleur was talking about Aaron Jones, who on this snap was set to Love’s left. At the snap, the veteran back ran laterally to the numbers, where T.J. Edwards was waiting, then snapped inside, leaving the Bears linebacker in his dust, and giving Love, sitting in the pocket, an easy target over the middle. Love hit Jones as he was crossing the line for the first down, and Jones did the rest—racing through the defense for a 35-yard score.

The moment pushed the Packers’ lead to 24–6, but did so much more in telling the story of Love’s first game action as an entrenched NFL starter, and one replacing a legend. In so many ways, actually, it allowed Love to follow the advice he got in a text from Rodgers the night before training camp started, telling him to just be himself and not anyone else.

Remember, it was a defensive guy who gave LaFleur the verbal green light to pull the trigger, telling his coach that, if the offense failed, his unit would make up for it. It was Jones whom LaFleur trusted. It was the offensive line that gave Love the time to easily make the throw.

Love didn’t need to be Rodgers on Sunday. Because the Packers are good enough to not need that from him at this point. Which is probably what everyone missed about his taking over as the starting quarterback.

I think Love is different thankfully. I’m excited to see where this goes. Arod was a prick coming out of college which is part of why he dropped. Love has a different feel about him.

While Love may not be as naturally talented as Arod the fact we may get to see GB playing as a team again is fun.

Thru 11 games he's at 2,599 yards 19 TDs and 10 INTs based on this thru 17 games he would have 4,016 yards 30 TDs and 15 INTs. That would be very compariable to Rodgers 1st year as a starter.
Did people make predictions on his production before the season? I feel like if you told people in August that Love would throw 30/15/4,000 they would be ecstatic

I do have to laugh when I see the "Anti-Love" people out there saying he hasn't got it because he didn't throw that opening 60+ yard pass to Watson on a dime, so he could keep running. It makes me wonder how many of them actually know how to throw a pass, or understand the dynamics of a 60 yard pass IN THE AIR? The vast majority are under thrown, and the rare QB, who has an arm like Favre, will overthrow it.

If you look at the Next Gen Stats, you'll find that it's a very small percentage of passes thrown that distance are complete. The fact is, Love got the ball to Watson and he dropped it. Look it up. It's on the charts.

I do have to laugh when I see the "Anti-Love" people out there saying he hasn't got it because he didn't throw that opening 60+ yard pass to Watson on a dime, so he could keep running. It makes me wonder how many of them actually know how to throw a pass, or understand the dynamics of a 60 yard pass IN THE AIR? The vast majority are under thrown, and the rare QB, who has an arm like Favre, will overthrow it.

If you look at the Next Gen Stats, you'll find that it's a very small percentage of passes thrown that distance are complete. The fact is, Love got the ball to Watson and he dropped it. Look it up. It's on the charts.

Frankly, those folks are biased in one way or another and or clueless.... best to consider the source and move on.

Back