Juwan Howard strikes UW coach after the game

"I'm gonna remember that shit"

Yeah...not sure how you come off as the victim when you start it with something like that.

Gard probably should have just let Howard walk away after the insult, without saying anything. It might have made the difference. Stepping back, in front of Howard, wasn't a good idea. It triggered him, since he's obviously a loose cannon.

He's from the South side of Chicago, so you can count on him being confrontational. I know for a fact that's been a defensive trait of residence down there since the 60s. I can't tell you how many arrests I made where it came to an altercation with the person being arrested. I came away from a lot of incidents with a bloody lip, nose bleed, and black eyes, and swollen jaws from having to take the offenders down. This is not a "black issue," because quite a few of the people involved in these confrontations were Anglo, Hispanic, and Asian. It's a defensive trait of survival.

That said, there's never an excuse for trying to smack anyone, under any circumstances. Howard needs to be punished.

Gard probably should have just let Howard walk away after the insult, without saying anything. It might have made the difference. Stepping back, in front of Howard, wasn't a good idea. It triggered him, since he's obviously a loose cannon.

He's from the South side of Chicago, so you can count on him being confrontational. I know for a fact that's been a defensive trait of residence down there since the 60s. I can't tell you how many arrests I made where it came to an altercation with the person being arrested. I came away from a lot of incidents with a bloody lip, nose bleed, and black eyes, and swollen jaws from having to take the offenders down. This is not a "black issue," because quite a few of the people involved in these confrontations were Anglo, Hispanic, and Asian. It's a defensive trait of survival.

That said, there's never an excuse for trying to smack anyone, under any circumstances. Howard needs to be punished.
Neath is also going to sit for a few games, he landed a nice shot to a UM player

Howard is a hot head guy will act like a victim in whatever punishment he gets.

Am I the only one wondering what Joe K said that provoked the punch? Maybe nothing but :unsure:

I'd bet Krabby called him a hot head who shouldn't be coaching, or something of that nature. Jahcobi may sit for a while, but he made a lot of points with his teammates and the coaches, even if they scold him for smacking the Michigan player.

I think he's the only one among them on both sides that knew how to properly throw a punch. I saw a lot of bitch slapping going on.

This'll go back and forth in the media. Gard probably should just have allowed the turnover to happen to keep the peace. Howard showed himself to be a sore loser by continuing to play full court defense against the walk-on kids when the game is over. Both moves were wrong.

In the line, Howard should have just kept his mouth shut, but once he did say he'd "remember this", Gard should just have said he'd "remember it too".

Gard should never have put his hands on Howard even though it wasn't threatening because Howard is known to be volatile, but even without history, you should just assume the other guy could be volatile. Howard is a loose cannon and needs to be suspended - for the rest of the season.

I'm sure Krabby said something to provoke Howard, and yes, I'd probably put my money on Krabby.

Reactions: TW
Back