Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

Gawd! Barry? Two stints as a coordinator, and two total failures. How the hell did this happen, and why?

Gawd! Barry? Two stints as a coordinator, and two total failures. How the hell did this happen, and why?
I wonder if ML was pressed to hire outside the org by Murphy and Gute thus Gray got passed over. ML had limited choices to hire and when his top choice declined the job he stayed in a comfort zone and hired a guy he knew despite him not being the best guy he could find.

I wonder if ML was pressed to hire outside the org by Murphy and Gute thus Gray got passed over. ML had limited choices to hire and when his top choice declined the job he stayed in a comfort zone and hired a guy he knew despite him not being the best guy he could find.
Don’t let ML off the hook for making a very soft hire here by blaming the rest of the org.

Don’t let ML off the hook for making a very soft hire here by blaming the rest of the org.
Oh no I won't I said that if Barry craps the bed ML will be the one with his feet held to the fire as he was the one who made the hire.

He's gonna sink or swim with this hire. No two ways around it. It's his pick to own.

Walters grade for Packers hiring Barry LOL>>>

Packers hire DC Joe Barry: F Grade
There are plenty of promising positional coaches who deserved a chance to be a defensive coordinator in the NFL. The Packers ignored all of those options, choosing to hire proven failure Joe Barry instead.

I don't understand this decision. Barry has been a defensive coordinator twice throughout his career. His first stint was in Detroit, where he helped the Lions achieve an 0-16 record. He got a second chance with the Redskins, who ranked 28th in yardage allowed in both years Barry coached for them.

Barry is one of the worst defensive coordinators of this current generation. Why would the Packers give him a third chance? It would be like hiring Matt Millen to be the general manager, or Rich Kotite as a head coach. This move deserves an "F" grade.

Walters grade for Packers hiring Barry LOL>>>
"Barry is one of the worst defensive coordinators of this current generation. Why would the Packers give him a third chance? It would be like hiring Matt Millen to be the general manager, or Rich Kotite as a head coach".

I literally laughed out loud!

This reminds me of some of our draft picks over the last few years. It makes me want to buy my Jack Daniels and Cognac by the case.......

Back